What's A Good Starter Kit?

Hey guys,

Been seeing a few cattys up on the forum lately, some real nice ones too and it's starting to grow on me to take up a new sport.

Whats a good starter kit for a newbie or what parts would make one up?

I've also noticed some ball bearings come in different gauges, if someone would kindly educate me?

I'm aware of the differences between AR pellets but I'm not sure if the ranges of bearings have the same effect?

Anything and everything to help will be appreciated.

White

I'd prob start off with a cheap multiplex catty first mate, if you fork hit it, it's not gunna matter. I'd band it with straight cut 25mm theraband gold and use 9.5mm steel ammo. You'll soon learn what you like and what suits your shooting style.

Cheers guys and especially yourself L7, seeing as you could have tempted with the one you have for sale ;) hahaha

I'll definitely give it a good looking into and try some stuff out. May see what's going cheap on here and use it as a learning curve if something isn't to liking.

I didn't consider bands but I'm assuming some tensions could actually affect the catapult too?

White

Lol you could buy the one I got..... If you can, cut yourself a natural fork mate. I could send you a bandset up to try and see how you get on. Or I could do you a cheap natural banded for a few quid, if making them ain't your thing. Pm me if you buddy

Is that where I'm going wrong?? I just seen your cattys longers when i first joined the site n just made one, have i made them wrong ?? Not got the forks right to aim properly i would post a pic but for some reason the uploader on here wont work with my phone cheers pal

Lol you could buy the one I got..... If you can, cut yourself a natural fork mate. I could send you a bandset up to try and see how you get on. Or I could do you a cheap natural banded for a few quid, if making them ain't your thing. Pm me if you buddy

I'm off on my hols soon, when I'm back and what change I have left I'll give you a shout and we'll work something out. Obviously you have the knowledge and can help me out, with some change for your pocket too ;)

Would it be worth trying a few bands out, however time consuming it is?

Is that where I'm going wrong?? I just seen your cattys longers when i first joined the site n just made one, have i made them wrong ?? Not got the forks right to aim properly i would post a pic but for some reason the uploader on here wont work with my phone cheers pal

Use Photobucket pal, easy to upload and easy to upload onto here. I made a topic somewhere all about it, should be on my profile somewhere :thumbs:

• Like 1

why do you think you've made it wrong mate?

the bbs keep hitting him in the face :laugh:

• Like 2

lol.....
  • Like 1

lol.....

lol.....
lmfao fellas sorry not replied been busy just never hit my target n I've only used my cattys, never used anyone elses

Use Photobucket pal, easy to upload and easy to upload onto here. I made a topic somewhere all about it, should be on my profile somewhere :thumbs:

ive downloaded the app for photo bucket but keeps saying to link my social media so i do n it says the same

Just click on the plus (+) sign and upload photos from your phone, then once uploaded, click on the copy icon, then click on the IMG code, it should automatically copy it, then just paste it onto your post that your writing.