Acceptable Ways To Kill A Rabbit!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So it'll be netted ,broken neck then slug through the heed ??

Pleased to hear folk being educted as to the correct and most humane ways to dispatch a rabbit,...   As hunters, we owe it to our quarry,.whatever it may be,.little or large,...to end its life, as q

I would have asked him if all his other meat he used was halal free meat

Never mastered chinning, always stretched their necks and I don't have to take them from the net either. Not a properly made net anyway.

Get someone to show you how to chin.... :thumbs:

You'll never look back fella :yes:

Chinning or Chopping if you do it right they're both effective imo.

Chopping? Are you for real??

Never mastered chinning, always stretched their necks and I don't have to take them from the net either. Not a properly made net anyway.

Chopping? Are you for real??

Yeh I'm for real.....why?

Have to agree with you there Johnny, "if you do it right they're both effective" :thumbs: . But, the margin for error with a chop is far greater than chinning or stretching for obvious reasons. And for that reason alone I would not recommend anyone chopping a rabbit.

TC

• Like 1

at the end of the day any humane and quick dispatch of any quarry whether that be fur or feather is a basic skill that should be learned if your hunting the said quarry because karate chops /priests etc dont do the quarry or hunting any favours if not carried out correctly

ironically, the rabbits i sell this bloke are skinned and dressed anyway, so he has no way of knowing if they are shot........... :whistling:

bloke i know has a reaaly unusual way of killing in the net, he brabs one hand right round the neck and the other round the head, then twists them opposite ways just like a chinese burn, strange to watch, but very effective

Have to agree with you there Johnny, "if you do it right they're both effective" :thumbs: . But, the margin for error with a chop is far greater than chinning or stretching for obvious reasons. And for that reason alone I would not recommend anyone chopping a rabbit.

TC

Margin for error? C'mon Al real life isn't NVQ Level 5:2a despatch of wild animals mun. :D

• Like 2

I've tried them all and a stun to the head stops movement the quickest, that or chinning. Necking can cause problems with nets and I don't think it's right to have a couple of goes at the old Karate chop business :icon_eek:.

I find that chinning as necking does, sometimes causes trauma/bruising to the shoulder area, where as the priest limits this.

Any way I will give chinning more of a go as people seem sure about the method.

Cheers, never to old to learn :laugh:.

• Like 2