Presa Canario's

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quite a few folk on this thread have a few "mates" that have them and they would rip your throats out. This threads gone a bit jay from the inbetweeners for me

At least you haven't dropped yourself in it by saying you want it for 'big game'...oh wait   Get a beddy whippet, they'll take out

My brother has one in Spain that he imported from the Canary's .Bought it fully trained as a guard dog , it wont take food of anyone ,wont leave the property even if the gates where left open is as d

Posted Images

410 gun trap better than any dog..

suppose a dog can only do so much really, as if they really want break in to your property, they shoot or poison any dog not matter what breed. And with the new law a guard dog got be under control all the while with its owner , no more having loose dog or dogs on your property , if they are you be in the shit with the law :yes: so really is there any point of having a big vicious dog, where a jack or pat prob let you know just as good and easier and cheeper to buy . But I think good well bred gsd or maybe a mal would what I go for if I wanted a bigger type dog, as said with law though its not worth having a large dog today :yes:

My mates got one, he got it from somebody that bred it locally to me. I could try and find out a bit more more for you if you wanted as to whether there still breeding them and if there working etc?

Yeah that ill be great not so much bothered if they not working. Thanks alot
Just spoke to him and he said he thinks they only bred it as a one off and his is actually crossed with a pitbull. He also said out of a litter of ten, there's only him and another person that's kept them and he wouldn't have another!! He said it's bit a few people now and it's just hard work because it's even gone for him before now. His was the runt by the way!!

My mates got one, he got it from somebody that bred it locally to me. I could try and find out a bit more more for you if you wanted as to whether there still breeding them and if there working etc?

Just spoke to him and he said he thinks they only bred it as a one off and his is actually crossed with a pitbull. He also said out of a litter of ten, there's only him and another person that's kept them and he wouldn't have another!! He said it's bit a few people now and it's just hard work because it's even gone for him before now. His was the runt by the way!!

He wants putting that dog DOWN! ! In my eyes you should never cross a pitbull with guard breeds. Just a time bomb waiting to happen

• Like 3

my mates 2 are not right in the head. The bitch wants everything and everyone except its owners dead. They always though the older dog was just a big sop until it turned on her boyfriend. Luckily the fella is 6 foot 4 bodybuilder and managed to get out the room and shut the door on it. i wouldnt of fancied my chances though. i wouldnt have anyything that and powerful near me and my kids

He wants putting that dog DOWN! ! In my eyes you should never cross a pitbull with guard breeds. Just a time bomb waiting to happen

U don't need to tell me that, I already know! I've told him that the dog is going to get him in trouble one day but that's all I can do, he's chosen to keep it so it's nothing to do with me mate
  • Like 1

He used to keep malinois, says there one of the best alround guard dogs he has ever kept, search youtube for what there capable of for there size, there defo not to be under estimated very loyal dogs too. One of his used to get over 12 fence when it heard him talking outside, top dogs and very easy to train and manage compared to a presa,

• Like 1

My brother has one in Spain that he imported from the Canary's .Bought it fully trained as a guard dog , it wont take food of anyone ,wont leave the property even if the gates where left open is as daft as a brush with kids & I wouldn't want to break in & tangle with for a million quid ...This dog is treated as a work tool ,its very well looked after but its never taken for granted .If one of these turned on you , you would be in serious trouble ...That said they have had no trouble with break in since his arrival ...

post-81636-0-17591400-1404498532_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

sorry if you thought having go at you mate. I could not keep a dog like that round me. atb brad

Ha no mate, I didn't, sorry if I sounded a bit defensive! Lol. I was just saying I know exactly what your saying!
  • Like 2

Red Star Kennel used to have some good Presa's that were titled in protection sports. It would be bloody expensive importing them from America though.

Edited by C556

I knew a fella who had 2,litter mates a dog and bitch.

the bitch was soft,great with dogs and people,the dog was an absolute liability,bit about 4 people and then it's owner before he put it down.

the bitch is great but that dog alone puts me off the whole breed.

Surely to be on a forum which dogs have a large part of and not exactly seen in the best light by joe public youd be abit more clued up the to judge the whole breed based on a dog?

For less than a grand you can get a gun in london. Sure I know you get the bird if caught with it but way some people discribe these dogs they'll be doing time over em anyway. I'm not deluded and thinking everyone's going to have perfectly trained man eaters. Just put my money on most people have dogs that bark n act aggressive then breeding. The breed surely on the whole will just end up another diluted breed abit like the American bulldog?