Greedy Kits

I was under the impression we were talking about kits at about 8 weeks that had left their mother rather than kits at weaning stage. Yes my kits at 8 weeks or so ate small bones like the tips of chicken wings.

I give mine chicken wings too. They strip them but don't eat the bones.

I also have alpha dry food on offer for them too. Plus they have had lambs liver, and I'm planning on trying them with some fish. Also I give them one egg a week.

They seem to be doing well on the above . I'm not sure why they don't eat the bones as I know older ferrets will. Maybe they are full by the time they get to them.? I don't leave food in hutch for hours because of the hot weather. I might offer them the bones again later on in the day to see if they want to eat them.

• Like 1

I was under the impression we were talking about kits at about 8 weeks that had left their mother rather than kits at weaning stage. Yes my kits at 8 weeks or so ate small bones like the tips of chicken wings.

I give mine chicken wings too. They strip them but don't eat the bones.

I also have alpha dry food on offer for them too. Plus they have had lambs liver, and I'm planning on trying them with some fish. Also I give them one egg a week.

They seem to be doing well on the above . I'm not sure why they don't eat the bones as I know older ferrets will. Maybe they are full by the time they get to them.? I don't leave food in hutch for hours because of the hot weather. I might offer them the bones again later on in the day to see if they want to eat them.

I feed mine a good mixture of stuff, only so they don't tire of the same stuff ;)

Fresh beef off cuts one day, chicken the next, fish, rabbits.........

I also give them James Wellbeloved ferret dry food as an additional extra, only so they have their "required dietary needs" but always with fresh meat and bones too (except fish).

The bones they love too, I've also tried them with antlers to gnaw on too and the last a while and full of calcium and other nutrition.

The only thing I've ever been told not to feed them is pork produce.

White

Edited by WhiteRabbit

www.wellbeloved.com/products/ferret-food

I know there's other brands out there but none that supply locally. I don't feed them dry food all the while (as mentioned above) and knowing what this brand is like for quality, they seem to take in account for the ferrets diet and requirements. Most cereal based foods can contain a majority of plant based products to make up the food and not meat, which ferrets (as well as cats and dogs) need.

Have a read up and check out other brands too, also, ask around other folk on the forum too about cereal based foods for ferrets and any other pets you have.

White