Which Centerfire

Same here dan I love my .22 cz american it just feels so right. But there are cheaper guns out there. I suspose I could go second hand but I wouldn't be confident I would find a good one. Any key thing to look for when buying a second hand center fire ?. Are the barrels long lasting on a .223 ?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

from the top .223 .25-06 .222 .22lr the only 4 rifles this keeper will ever need, I have over the years shot or owned more calibres than I care to remember and push come to shove I would only ha

They both fire an identical .224 bullet, use the wrong bullet on deer ie vmax and meat damage will be bad, use a decent deer bullet and damage will be minimal, the deer I have seen shot with .222 cert

Sounds like your .22 which will take rabbits to 100 easily is doing its job fine for you so if your after a rifle for fox with a spot of long range (100-300 ish yards ) rabbiting then a centre fire is

CZ's have in the main a 5 shot detachable magazine,

Certainly in their 527 models. I dare say some of their models will have built in magazines as well but detachable ones are very common.

Barrel wear is a bit subjective. All barrels wear, some will take thirty years, some will take fifteen years, some five years of heavy use before accuracy is affected.

If you're a professional deer manager firing 30 or 40 rounds a week including zeroing then it's still going to take you three or four years to even begin to wear the barrel out.

If you think that most fox controllers fire perhaps between 5 and 10 rounds per week on average, it's going to take you a long time, even with a .22-250 travelling at 4000fps.

I have used this mechanism before, I guess its just my preference sdan,to make a weapon safe for handling I like to be able to do the same drills as follows.

Safety catch - magazine off - unbolt the weapon and physically and visually check for rounds in the breach or magazine housen while keeping the weapon pointed in a safe direction of course.

Its the way I've handled every weapon since the army and with a few exceptions every weapon can be used in this safe manner not only for myself but by those just looking at it that its unloaded safely.

True CC. Thanks SS, I'd like a .22-250 but ammo here isn't as readily available as .223 and .243.

Dan have a look on the members for ratmanwan

He is selling his stier 22 250 what a rifle that is he just bought his mates that's why he's selling

The scope on it cost him £500 the mod is nearly new £200 the mounts cost £100

I'm sure he only wants. £950 for the lot

It loves sako bullets getting them never seems a problem

Letting you try it wouldn't be a problem your not that far away from us

No problem only mentioned it because I know the rifle

And know its a cracking set up

You've only got a few weeks before them crops start coming in you need to be ready lol

If you've not got a rifle by then get a bell run about ringing it

Scare them foxes down the m54 we will look after um for ya