Can't Upload Pics? Easy!!

-This goes for classifieds, documented hunt pics and any relevant posts-

Hey guys, I've seen a recent rant about noobs asking for permissions and I thought I'd add my recent THL pet hate.....

I'm fed up of seeing people posting "can't upload pictures, message me and I'll send you them" or whatever poor excuses you come up with: it's just idleness!!!

It takes you all but 5 minutes to set up a Photobucket account, download the app or use the website, upload your pictures or videos in a THL folder (so, you're less likely to delete them by accident).

Next step and easy peasy to learn, use the IMG links to post directly on to the forum pages.

574cfcba27c987989bdfd5292695dd00_zpsae84

Use IMG by default BUT use the IMG Thumb if the image is too large when posting on the site. In affect it will post a thumbnail sized picture but can open a larger image once clicked on, so don't worry if you think it's too small.

Seriously, my mum who's not far from the big 60 and a complete technophobe can do this... Most of you are younger and more advanced with your phones, tablets and computers than she is.

So come on, no excuses now.

Rant over :thumbs:

White

Lol I've only learned recently to put a pic up by emailing it to myself then I can put it on here. Gotta agree with the other lads I haven't a clue what a IMG setting by default or a thumbnail is sorry if this annoys people , no wait I ain't sorry I don't give a toss ?.

• Like 2

Maybe I'm being a bit paranoid but I think it might be my ad in the gun section that has prompted this thread. If I could ask white rabbit or anyone else for some advice please. I already have the app on an Android phone and can send pictures any other way but can't post them on here (believe me I've tried and not just on my ad). When I get to the part that white rabbit has put up in his post there is not the HTML thumb option. All updates available have been done. Any ideas please.

Maybe I'm being a bit paranoid but I think it might be my ad in the gun section that has prompted this thread. If I could ask white rabbit or anyone else for some advice please. I already have the app on an Android phone and can send pictures any other way but can't post them on here (believe me I've tried and not just on my ad). When I get to the part that white rabbit has put up in his post there is not the HTML thumb option. All updates available have been done. Any ideas please.

Offtheradar, not at all pal. I've been part of this forum for over a year now (2 accounts) and you won't believe how often I have to post this on a near daily basis lol, the same with lads asking for permissions.

I'm just looking to make lives easier for you all and myself, not to have a dig at people.

Reg the Android app, I haven't used it due to being an Apple fanboy, lol, but as the image above shows, you need to use the IMG code and not the HTML codes. If it's not on the app itself, maybe there's something in the settings to make it an additional option with the HTML.

If you struggle with the app, I found this site which should be some help and I'm always happy to help.

White

Thanks for posting that but I didn't get any of it still don't know where to start I don't know what a thumbnail is and I've got no idea how to download a app

Thanks for posting that but I didn't get any of it still don't know where to start I don't know what a thumbnail is and I've got no idea how to download a app

snap!!

I fecking shit on computers :laugh::laugh:

Lads it's about as easy as using this forum and so far, you've seem to be doing well :thumbs: haha

If you take what I said as a step-by-step whilst using the PB site, it should become clearer on how to do it.

If you struggle, I'm more than happy to help if you PM me on what you're stuck on.

White

Thank you, no offence taken I appreciate you putting it up for others. I'll have another go at it later

Just pop me a PM later if you get stuck :thumbs: I'm not educated on the 'droid app but I'll do what I can.

Glad no offence was taken haha. You're a local lad too, wouldn't want any knocks on my door :laugh:

White

A lot of people use photobucket, but I open the picture I want to upload via "paint" program in windows. then you can crop or resize as required and upload directly from your own computer. :thumbs:

A lot of people use photobucket, but I open the picture I want to upload via "paint" program in windows. then you can crop or resize as required and upload directly from your own computer. :thumbs:

The only problems I find with MS Paint, if it's still the case, is that the images don't save automatically as JPEG, so image quality isn't always good and most can upload via the THL website.

I know with mobiles and tablets mostly, you can't upload to the site and the use of Photobucket (amongst other sites) come in handy, both web based and app.

I also like the desktop site for PB as you can crop and add filters etc to your images and then store them in folders, Cloud Storage, without clogging up your computer :)

Just my opinion and preferences at the end of the day but as a helping hand and saving time sending emails....

White

The only problems I find with MS Paint, if it's still the case, is that the images don't save automatically as JPEG, so image quality isn't always good and most can upload via the THL website.

I know with mobiles and tablets mostly, you can't upload to the site and the use of Photobucket (amongst other sites) come in handy, both web based and app.

I also like the desktop site for PB as you can crop and add filters etc to your images and then store them in folders, Cloud Storage, without clogging up your computer :)

Just my opinion and preferences at the end of the day but as a helping hand and saving time sending emails....

White

I recall paint used to save as bmp, but it's definitely jpg these days. :thumbs:

I recall paint used to save as bmp, but it's definitely jpg these days. :thumbs:

Windows 8 and all that jazz? Been a Mac person for a while and the software I use is very different and more "advanced" in ways to freeware, not to boast but my knowledge of MS and Android is definitely old school or none at all hahaha.

The use of sites like Photobucket do seem to be universal on all desktops, tablets and mobiles. So using it as a forum can keep us all in sync and help each other out.

Not to say not to use the THL website to upload pictures if you can, just to those who can't, there are other options and time saved from not having to send everyone pictures or waiting until later to upload them via desktop- if they should remember.

White

Edited by WhiteRabbit

When you have resized and done any other edits to your picture, you can still save the new image in *.jpg format to a folder on your pc or laptop. Then you can upload this new version to your chosen photo hosting site such s photobucket or flickr, etc. I found I couldn't upload the photos I want onto the gallery site here because it has too low a size limit set on it which most photos easily exceed, even when resized.

Edited by Lid

A quick way on the I phone is to screen shot your photo ( press the button on the top and the main button on the front together, this takes the screen shot pic).

This will instantly resize the pic, you can now add the new photo to the post.

• Like 1