New Site Rules

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Several members, regular posters ie Hot Meat, Stewie, Big G etc etc etc have been removed, all contributed to the site (IMO) but hundreds, if not thousands are still here after years of contributing f

I have been a member for a long time, infact i signed up in a pub at the Parliment Sq March in person with Ian B. I dont post much, i read A LOT, , (apart from drivel, thats makes my eyes glaze over

just a suggestion would it be an idea to remove members that are in active for a certain period ---just looking in on another thread someones been a member since 2010 and never posted always pops up o

First page when you click on members, other than Earth, there's a page full of them with no more than 100 comments between them, all ranging from '08-12. That's just one page from 2603.

Just my opinion but anyone who has been active in the past but hasn't post in 12 months should receive a message to check up on them and their interest in the forum still.

Anyone who's posted but not been active in 24 months should be messaged regarding their account to soon be deactivated unless there's activity.

Anyone who hasn't posted at all within 6 months or at all from all time, should be automatically deleted- whether they still log in time to time or not.

It's just forum fodder and it's usernames being taken up too who could be used by new and active members.

Just my views

White

Edited by WhiteRabbit

one of the most decent blokes iv ever met from this site has been a member on here for years yet has never once posted ,cant be bothered with all this silly bollox internet stuff at my age was his words and lets be fair who could blame him at times,

just have broad shoulders take whats thrown at you if need be and remember,its only the internet iv never let the bloke 10 doors down from where i live bother me as i dont fecking know him,simple :thumbs:

I can see what your saying just a thought in the wake of the clean up I`d sooner have a good poster that's made the odd silly remark than some one that don't post at all .... my brothers a member on a car forum and if you don't post for 12 week your gone automatic and have to apply to rejoin ......

I have been a member for a long time, infact i signed up in a pub at the Parliment Sq March in person with Ian B.

I dont post much, i read A LOT, , (apart from drivel, thats makes my eyes glaze over .......... :icon_eek: )

If have something to say i do. if not i dont. IE ~ nice dog or, Welcome mate or post about ruddy football etc...... BUT i would take great exception at being deleted for NOT posting. I dont think it is fair to generalise. So please dont put us all in the ANTI box

Flynn your a long standing member and do not cause any trouble, yet there's some that crave it, or create a problem from nothing. I visit other forums, yet i don't post much, but I like to read what others have to say... should everyone be removed who doesn't post regular? Its not going to achieve anything by doing so.

All this moaning has came about from not posting nude, racist, etc images on the forum. A simple rule, surely its not going to affect other members.Certain members have nothing better to do than try to create bother, if I visit other forums, I stick to the rules, if I visit someones house, I treat it with respect, if I have stepped out of line, I'll accept it... What I wont do is go on and on and on, then start going on like a spoilt brat and demand everything should be how I want it in life and start abusing others.. There are certain sad people around, with very little important stuff going on in there lives, that just have to have the last word, and everything in life is wrong or out of order..they will just not accept it. So its pointless even explaining it to half of them, the sooner there gone the better, the genuine good contributors of past might start contributing more, for the better of the forum, it's members and the portrayal of everyone else involved in hunting.

thread had nothing to do with the posting of nude or racist images I've not got a problem with the rules or to create bother it was started off the back of another thread about hunt sabs that was being looked at by 5 long standing members that had posted nothing in the time they`d been on the site .... i will say that some of the mods are a bit trigger happy and like to dish it out but cant take it back .... fair play given there are some members that come on just to read A LOT ...theres also 100s that contribute nothing and a high percentage of antis it was a suggestion of a way to clear up the site that's all ... same as if you want people off the site instead of turning it into a witch hunt with the mods waiting for a member to mess up just send them a pm saying your in put is no longer required ....

• Like 1

prob a lot agree with Stig and Its a fair point :thumbs: , but I think there comes a time on any site, when you feel you don't need to contitrubte to it , you just log in and (look) .Ive been on here far while and quite active member , but apart from maybe giving bit advice to newbie hunting lurchers,etc , I am just as happy looking on here and not posting.Ive just put a post up with my son wedding , which was happy to do+proud, something bit different to read for other members. and that's just it something bit different . So people don't want to or the need to post on any site regular , but Stig right if a member not posted or contitrubte to even a thread in say 12 months, whats the point on being here, a few words in a sentence costs nothing does it . :yes:

• Like 1

its an open forum whether your a member or not you can still read the forum as a guest without logging in, removing members who have not posted in x amount of time would achieve what exactly :hmm: why people are bothered with who else may or may not be posting is beyond me............. stick to the rules, don't post anything incriminating and the devil could be watching and it would not make a blind bit of difference.

It's also worth noting that if you view as a guest you can't view pictures posted :no:

I've had a few PM's over the years from members who don't post but want the facilities membership offers :yes:

As has been said, there's no point in worrying about guests, and I think making posting compulsory would not improve the site one bit.

Keep it legal and sane, and no-one has anything to worry about :thumbs:

I don't really post much but I haven't been on for ages . Am new to keeping ferrets and I've just got a whippet pup so all I ever do is use the search because like all other forums/facebook groups etc etc people get sick of the same old questions so instead of posting a question I just see if anyone has asked it before and 99% of the time someone has. Plus the locked threads are great bits of entertainment when bored

I don't really post much but I haven't been on for ages . Am new to keeping ferrets and I've just got a whippet pup so all I ever do is use the search because like all other forums/facebook groups etc etc people get sick of the same old questions so instead of posting a question I just see if anyone has asked it before and 99% of the time someone has. Plus the locked threads are great bits of entertainment when bored

I know what you mean ---some threads never really come up with answers others just go round in circles and often theres only going to be one winner ...

I know what you mean ---some threads never really come up with answers others just go round in circles and often theres only going to be one winner ...