Noobs Asking For Perms

whats sesquipedalion or what ever it is put it in simple terms for a thick fecker like me please

Sesquipedalian is using a word of many syllables when a shorter word would suffice. Also recognised (and as used in this occasion) as being overly worded.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What high jinx and japes you must have ............

Get off the high ground, and take the kids out...   That's what was done for most of us, shown the right way by an older generation, it's our time now. The old boys who first took me out taught me

I always found bringing a Apple made me teachers pet.............you must love the sound of your own voice !!

Posted Images

whats sesquipedalion or what ever it is put it in simple terms for a thick fecker like me please

Sesquipedalian is using a word of many syllables when a shorter word would suffice. Also recognised (and as used in this occasion) as being overly worded.

like swallowing a diconiary ya mean.

like swallowing a diconiary ya mean.

Almost. More like vomiting one up and pretending it's a sentence.

Just because his posts can be loquacious, rambling, garrulous, palaverous and verbose, i don't see how anyone could describe them as long-winded. :laugh:

Some beautiful words there Walshie! Love it.

I love the spoken word and written work. In the office we play a game where someone finds a long word and we have to work out what it means. Brilliant for extending the vocabulary.

• Like 6

Just because his posts can be loquacious, rambling, garrulous, palaverous and verbose, i don't see how anyone could describe them as long-winded. :laugh:

I love the spoken word and written work. In the office we play a game where someone finds a long word and we have to work out what it means. Brilliant for extending the vocabulary.

some one teach Remy how too speak Scottish

You can see why your wife's got depression theres going to be a few folk on here phoning her and asking what brand of medication is she on and do they help :hmm:

• Like 1

all the gear no idea comes to mind.if a kids in the farmers wood with an airgun i cant see the need for a risk assesment folder,and a alan sugar sales pitch to the farmer for an hour when hes trying to feed his cattle.......keep the chessy sales strategy for for boardroom group hugs mate,i agree with insurance,but its a hobby to most people on here,and yes i take it serious,....quad,4x4 rrover,guns,gear,ferrets,locators,incubators,insurance.............chill out mate

You can see why your wife's got depression theres going to be a few folk on here phoning her and asking what brand of medication is she on and do they help :hmm:

Your right I can see why my wife had depression. It has nothing to do with her dad dying when she was young, a childhood of bullying, and things like that. It's because I like to talk a lot. 10 points for you, congratulations. Now, if your wife ever becomes suicidal, remind me to make a joke about that too....and blame you for her problems.

There are some thing that are better left unsaid, no matter how funny you think they might be. Especially if you are having fun at another person's suffering or if you have no idea of the extent of what they've been through,

But congratulations. That was very funny, and we all laughed very hard.

That's a bit too much there fella having a pop if you don't like his posts is one thing but bringing family into it ain't right

• Like 2

Haha, we are an office of nerds. Busted!

Today's word Sphallolalia - Flirtacious talk that leads nowhere.

Interestingly, very useful for selling stuff! "Tony, you need to use more sphallolalia on the phone. After which you can go and get gambrinous."

Gambrinous - To be full of beer.

Haha, we are an office of nerds. Busted!

Today's word Sphallolalia - Flirtacious talk that leads nowhere.

Interestingly, very useful for selling stuff! "Tony, you need to use more sphallolalia on the phone. After which you can go and get gambrinous."

Gambrinous - To be full of beer.

bleedin ell its getting worse on here. :icon_eek:

• Like 1