Noobs Asking For Perms

Iv offered a few days to come mooching and if a young lad wanted to come out with me I wouldnt mind what so ever more than welcome my little cousins come with me regular as I think its key for my dogs to me handled and trained my children for a matter of fact :)

• Like 1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What high jinx and japes you must have ............

Get off the high ground, and take the kids out...   That's what was done for most of us, shown the right way by an older generation, it's our time now. The old boys who first took me out taught me

I always found bringing a Apple made me teachers pet.............you must love the sound of your own voice !!

Posted Images

Youve told us like 10 times how to get Permission now mate think we got the Picture haha I got a mental Image on you mate I bet you got all the gear real dressed up for a days shooting and like being in charge and I reckon your Probably well off and maybe run a Business or talk for a job I dont know but talk about Something Else mate Besides getting Permission

You know I do.

The annoyance is that even though the info is there, theres loads of people still asking for permissions without actually trying. That's what annoys me.

K I'll tell yous all my secret way of getting permission now this is tried and tested too a degree is call it a fine art you go too a local pub talk too a few lads wait till you find a farmer then get him a few drinks so he is a little typsy start talking about vermin like rabbits foxes then proceed too tell him how you are good at catching rabbits make him think that it's he's idea too give you permission then get him so pished he's falling out too he's taxi which dosnt take much with farmers cos there all like that any way show up at the farm the next morning with all your gear and remind him how he gave you full rights too go rabbiting last night works like a charm

Edited by BIGLURKS

Youve told us like 10 times how to get Permission now mate think we got the Picture haha I got a mental Image on you mate I bet you got all the gear real dressed up for a days shooting and like being in charge and I reckon your Probably well off and maybe run a Business or talk for a job I dont know but talk about Something Else mate Besides getting Permission

You know I do.

The annoyance is that even though the info is there, theres loads of people still asking for permissions without actually trying. That's what annoys me.

Funny how your first post on the forum was asking for a tag along, yet noobs asking for perms annoys you ?!?!

"Now that she's said yes to a shotgun license and a fire arms cert, I thought it about time I signed up and started asking questions. If there's anyone around the Somerset area or Devon, whose looking for a student to teach, whether it's hunting, skinning, butchering, tanning, or any other 'Hunting Life' skill. Please get in touch."

• Like 4

You're right Johnny. 10 points.

For another 10 points, please note the difference between tagging along, offering to become someone's student to learn, and...... asking for land to shoot on. Wow, that was an easy 10 point hu?

In 6 months I picked up 6 permissions. I've started with rabbits with an airifle instead of just ratting. I have asked to tag along to learn those other skills and to watch someone shoot.

Could you please point out where I asked for land or to shoot, or even where I asked if I could take my gun?

I would love to spend 1 hour learning from a good hunter, just watching and listening and learning.

I apologise for asking to learn from someone. Maybe I should just ask for their land instead?

Edited by RemyBolt

You're right Johnny. 10 points.

For another 10 points, please note the difference between tagging along, offering to become someone's student to learn, and...... asking for land to shoot on. Wow, that was an easy 10 point hu?

In 6 months I picked up 6 permissions. I've started with rabbits with an airifle instead of just ratting. I have asked to tag along to learn those other skills and to watch someone shoot.

Could you please point out where I asked for land or to shoot, or even where I asked if I could take my gun?

I would love to spend 1 hour learning from a good hunter, just watching and listening and learning.

I apologise for asking to learn from someone. Maybe I should just ask for their land instead?

Same principle though, your a noob yourself yet your acting like some permission guru.

• Like 1

remy i dont doubt your intentions are good but if that annoys you so much just follow them to the farms and get the permission yourself you can never have to much and i saw were you said when you have a kid it will be stalking shooting gutting etc dont how to break this to you matey but not all kids want to follow in your trotters and do fieldsports yes some do and theres no better feeling trust me but some dont and you cant make them want to either

• Like 1

I see the pitch forks have been sharpened early this morning :laugh:

I think it's the hangovers kicking in
I blame it on the strong grog , west of the Seven :laugh: :laugh: