Well had a call today of my feo saying that my request for my licence to be opened was granted...... :boogy:

Well chuffed as you could imagine so licence will be in the post tomorrow morning,i was quite pleased in how quick i had a reply as i e-mailed them on the 9th of this month (west mercia).

Thought id share my news with you folk :thumbs:

Nice to hear...I have the feeling that a lot of forces have been told to winde there neck in a little bit with this side of things hence the reason aolq has been brought in on the certificate to make things not just that its easier for them on form filling but less confusing and time consuming for us with constantly resending our fac's back and forth.

Well had a call today of my feo saying that my request for my licence to be opened was granted...... :boogy:

Well chuffed as you could imagine so licence will be in the post tomorrow morning,i was quite pleased in how quick i had a reply as i e-mailed them on the 9th of this month (west mercia).

Just out of interest how long had you had your FAC? I'm only asking as my shot gun cert is due for renewal next year and I thinking of making it a co terminus licence and asking for my FAC to be made open at the same time as I will have had it 4 years by then.

Just out of interest how long had you had your FAC? I'm only asking as my shot gun cert is due for renewal next year and I thinking of making it a co terminus licence and asking for my FAC to be made open at the same time as I will have had it 4 years by then.

My force is staffordshire I tryed it do a co- terminus when my shot gun licence was up my fac expires 4 months later they said I couldn't do it because I could only be done on the fac renewal as it was less than 5 years old even by 4 months

I can't remember the ins and outs but it was something to do with the fac being less than 5 years old

Had my fac since march this year, but wrote them a letter with good reasons to ask for my restriction to be lifted and had a phone call 2 weeks after saying that i was able to have it opened and to return my licence.

Thought id have to wait a bit longer but ive fired quite alot of rounds and have loads of new permission on a regular basis in powys/shropshire.

Just waiting on it to be sent back now :D

Yes I gather you can either play the waiting game or if you are using the rifle alot over a shorter period of time then it would be up to you to provide a reason and I've found that as long as its all good then I've known a few get the answer they wanted.