Oppinions Required Please

I would prefer the 97 as a gun, but the imp would be smoother straight out of the box!

Looking at the long term, I'd personally go for the 97 with the option to have it stage 1 or 2 tuned in the future.

I'd love to try an Imp for myself, Si's review of it was impressive!

But then again... The 97 also has great reviews & even more so after a tune. I have the 97kt black line on order with the stage 2 tune, won't arrive for a few weeks but when it does.. I'll let you know how I get on.

But at the end of the day, it's going to be your rifle... So it's your choice.

Don't think you'll regret either of them!

Daryl

As my previous post in the other forum. Bare in mind si is a bloody good shot. What he makes look easy is rather a skill.

That's a valid point you make Rez, I'd say Si is nearly as good a shot as we are... ;)

• Like 2

What do you want from the rifle small and lightweight or heavy ?

I prefer heavy rifles so give me a 97 any day. Imp is too small and light for me im not a huge fan.

The un-tuned 97 might twang and recoil a bit more but it WILL be every bit as accurate as any Imp .. it may be harder to get good results from it if its a rough firing cycle.. but you have the options of either 'tuning' it yourself with a kit or even with its original internals a polish and re-grease will see it shooting very nice.. get a properly fitting spring,guide,tophat and piston sleeve and it will be a cracking gun. And polish the trigger and it will be better to shoot from out of the box.

Or you could send it off to sfs ore dave hall or some other 'professional tuner' and let them do the work instead lol.

My 'home tuned' 97k with half a vmach kit and half factory internals shoots spot on and it was easy to do. And you dont have to wait ages to send it off and get it back. Takes a couple of hours and a bit of elbow grease lol.

For me my oppinion is get the 97 and see how it shoots first then make a decision if you want it tuning at extra cost.

1shot

• Like 5

If you can do the tune yourself like Skot. It somehow makes the rifle your own, and perhaps a bit more precious in a gay way. You also learn alot by doing it yourself, and you can be sure everything is greased and lubed how you you want.

• Like 1

What do you want from the rifle small and lightweight or heavy ?

I prefer heavy rifles so give me a 97 any day. Imp is too small and light for me im not a huge fan.

The un-tuned 97 might twang and recoil a bit more but it WILL be every bit as accurate as any Imp .. it may be harder to get good results from it if its a rough firing cycle.. but you have the options of either 'tuning' it yourself with a kit or even with its original internals a polish and re-grease will see it shooting very nice.. get a properly fitting spring,guide,tophat and piston sleeve and it will be a cracking gun. And polish the trigger and it will be better to shoot from out of the box.

Or you could send it off to sfs ore dave hall or some other 'professional tuner' and let them do the work instead lol.

My 'home tuned' 97k with half a vmach kit and half factory internals shoots spot on and it was easy to do. And you dont have to wait ages to send it off and get it back. Takes a couple of hours and a bit of elbow grease lol.

For me my oppinion is get the 97 and see how it shoots first then make a decision if you want it tuning at extra cost.

1shot

That's very useful, thanks. Also thanks to everyone, all knowledge is accepted here. Lol

Good lad. You will not regret it. Get it in bits, clean and polish the relevant parts and it'll be another rifle yet again. A pleasure to own and shoot, once mastered, sod the imp. And it looks better :)

• Like 2

If you can do the tune yourself like Skot. It somehow makes the rifle your own, and perhaps a bit more precious in a gay way. You also learn alot by doing it yourself, and you can be sure everything is greased and lubed how you you want.

Nothing gay about a bit of D I Y, some of us long term single lads have been doing a bit of D I Y pretty regularly! :icon_redface: ......... :laugh::thumbs:

• Like 3