Bad Or Just Me

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

f**k me mate, I feel for you I really do. That's a rough turnout for any kid.......all I could say is, in the future strive to be everything he is not. Sorry if I was a bit cold but I have seen the

Lol the Jeremy Kyle show my dad wouldn't buy her a kebab. It wasnt the kebab that was the issue its the fact a man had such a problem with having to spend a fiver on feeding his daughter. Weekends my

How much of his, his brothers and his sisters life do you suggest he wastes trying to help someone who values them so little ?

Lol I don't mind him being humiliated I wish he'd stop drinking. Ain't the same person as he once was and to be honest he humiliates us. It's embarassing having a drunk for a dad. Never knew the term functioning alcoholic until the other day. His excuse used to be he likes a drink but ain't a piss head because he goes work every day. I just half couldn't believe how he didnt want to spend a fiver on my sister for her to have dinner. Me and my brother both work and are old enough to have our own money but she's 13 and just a kid. Is alot more stuff his done that I won't put up but all comes down to drink at the end of the day. Everyone's just sick of it but says nothing because of coming to sort of accept it and probably not say anything for a quiet life. He gets commented on when he goes and buys special brew with his black teeth after drinking two bottles of wine though. He just laughs it off and thinks we're joking or doesn't care.

Move

Couldn't afford to move out but were not all at war with each other in the house. It's just become the normal and accepted that hell drink every day. Everyone's fed up but can't be arsed for an argument and he doesn't listen anyway. If he has a night where he acts a prick hell say his not gonna drink again and won't last longer than a week. Everyone just avoids him to be honest not because hell start but nothing more annoying than a woffling drunk. If he comes downstairs to watch tv with us all slowly everyone ends up out of the room and its just him left in there.

you might laugh but why not try Jeremy kyle mate?

Hope it all works out for you, you seem a decent lad.

Lol bloody hell not a chance. Wouldn't even consider going on there. We're nothing like them lot. Believe it or not when his sobber me and him are really alike and get on great. We don't even argue when his drunk its just embarrassing and everyone's so fed up that they just accept it. I don't think I can make him quit drinking addicts need to want to quit for themselves. I just wonder will it ever stop or is this it for him now till his times up.

Lol I don't mind him being humiliated I wish he'd stop drinking. Ain't the same person as he once was and to be honest he humiliates us. It's embarassing having a drunk for a dad. Never knew the term functioning alcoholic until the other day. His excuse used to be he likes a drink but ain't a piss head because he goes work every day. I just half couldn't believe how he didnt want to spend a fiver on my sister for her to have dinner. Me and my brother both work and are old enough to have our own money but she's 13 and just a kid. Is alot more stuff his done that I won't put up but all comes down to drink at the end of the day. Everyone's just sick of it but says nothing because of coming to sort of accept it and probably not say anything for a quiet life. He gets commented on when he goes and buys special brew with his black teeth after drinking two bottles of wine though. He just laughs it off and thinks we're joking or doesn't care.

f**k me mate, I feel for you I really do.

That's a rough turnout for any kid.......all I could say is, in the future strive to be everything he is not.

Sorry if I was a bit cold but I have seen the story many times and the bottom line is, blood or not, dudes like this are self pittying pricks who need to do their family a favour and shape up or ship out.

Atb

• Like 7

It's your dad and you love him. when love turns to pity then there's summat drastically wrong. If the man can't see the error of his ways through drink then it's up to you as a family to show him. If that don't work then it's obvious the drink means more to him than you lot. Sit him down and have a word. Tell him it's a serious word from the off then he can't laugh or shrug it off. If still no sense then it's time to seek professional help. Main thing is..the man must want to help himself. If not...send him to coventry . maybe a shock to the system is just what he needs.Good luck with however you decide to sort it.

• Like 5

I think if you and your brother clubbed together and got a hgouse, if he as bad as it comes across , your ma and sister couyld then leave, maybe give him the heads up he needs, but at the end of the day selfish alky or whatever he still ya dad and maybe he needs help, tough love is normaly a step in the right direction, he might need to lose everything before he sees the way forward, the risk being is that he wont but that's the risk you take, problems like this only ever get worse, until someone takes a positive step in the right direction, unfortunately its never the cause of the problem that gets its shoes on fiorst to make things right,

Really feel for you pal, your sister is at an age where shit like this can and likely will really affect her, she lucky to have a brother like yourself, takes a lot too come on a place like this for advice like that, keep reading cos there some real good men on this site who will offer solid advice , best of luck

• Like 4

You have had some decent advice from Dixiefried and Stabba......all I would add is, and this is only a personal opinion, don't waste too much time on him otherwise all he is doing is not only using up his life but also your young life and that of your siblings.

Your sister is at a vulnerable time in her life, she need help and encouragement for her school work, she needs a figure to look up to......not some adults problems.

You can lead a horse to water mate, but remember, you can't make it drink.

No pun intended

• Like 4

Alcoholism is an illness not a lifestyle choice.

It may start out as a lifestyle choice, but things often develop into more serious problems.

People suffering from illness deserve your sympathy, not your scorn.

Blood is thicker than water; the fact that he wouldn't spend a fiver on a kebab is neither here nor there; it sounds like the issues run much deeper than that.

I'm not in a position to judge anyone, but I'd urge you to try and help rather than look for reasons to escalate the issue.

• Like 1