Whilst the dogs get a decent road walk, and the lurchers are ok on the most, I've noticed the terriers front nails are long, she will how ever not let you near them, she scratches jolts wriggles everything except biting, they need cut desperately, anyone got any ideas/tips?

We had a dog like that once. Brute force and many pairs of hands was the only way - or you could pay the vet to do it.

Seriously considering the vet as she skites along the laminate and all I hear is click click click click click click......

You or BPR hold it down the other one cuts them .

Had to do that with my spaniel gave it a number one and clipped her nails but they where hollow then give her eye drops and ear drops so no wonder she wriggles about

you can train a dog to tolerate having nails trimmed even if it hates it, but it can take a LONG time to do so. might be best to just grab her, and get a trusted mate to do the clipping

Put a harness on the dog and hang it from the shed rafter or something,works for me with terrier

Got my OH to hold a similar terrier: scruffed it and dangled it a couple of seconds, then held it against him with its legs facing outwards, still holding on tight to the scruff as well: puts them in much more submissive state of mind, plus they can't crocodile roll or get a leg on the ground to stabilise them> had to laugh reading the above post though, imagining a terrier spinning gently hanging from a rafter. :laugh:

Put a harness on the dog and hang it from the shed rafter or something,works for me with terrier

Got my OH to hold a similar terrier: scruffed it and dangled it a couple of seconds, then held it against him with its legs facing outwards, still holding on tight to the scruff as well: puts them in much more submissive state of mind, plus they can't crocodile roll or get a leg on the ground to stabilise them> had to laugh reading the above post though, imagining a terrier spinning gently hanging from a rafter. :laugh:

After reading an old post of yours about using a Wahl Pet Dremel I bought one, its a great tool, I do my four dogs In under half an hour.Brilliant bit of kit. :victory:

Yes, and even the most paranoid of dogs, the sort that run for the hills the moment they see you with the claw clippers, tolerate the nail grinder very well, though one of mine does sit there with her nose running through stress :laugh:

Yes, and even the most paranoid of dogs, the sort that run for the hills the moment they see you with the claw clippers, tolerate the nail grinder very well, though one of mine does sit there with her nose running through stress :laugh:

Just so long as the other end doesn't run through stress.

• Like 1