Sgc & Fac Mrs Thinking Of Becoming Registered Childminder

Hi guys and gals,

The mrs is thinking of becoming a registered childminder. I have both shotguns and rifles in the house with security above and beyond what's required, as we have 2 young children too, will this affect her in any way ? Or has anyone any experience of the above ?

Branch hopper

No mate you are holding firearms legally and in a controlled environment so there is no cause to reject an application on the grounds that you have a SGC and a FAC. If you are then IMO that is discrimination.

In fact I see no reason to even disclose this unless asked as it is not relevant to you becoming a childminder

Good luck

• Like 1

Smart thing to do? Make it as child proof as possible too. I know that they can be little buggers at times, but showing you are going above and beyond the required will play in your favour. Put the cabinet well out of sight (out of sight, out of mind) and the keys in a place where they can't reach. As a child minder, you may want areas of your house to remain private too, so put an external lock on your bedroom door for instance and then put the keys in there.

Edited by Bunny Boiler

No mate you are holding firearms legally and in a controlled environment so there is no cause to reject an application on the grounds that you have a SGC and a FAC. If you are then IMO that is discrimination.

In fact I see no reason to even disclose this unless asked as it is not relevant to you becoming a childminder

Good luck

Quite agree, what possible bearing could it have on your suitability (or your partners) to become a childminder, it is about as relevant as telling them you have two sugars in your tea.

Because they've been vetted by MI5, not just had a CRB check.

having an fac/sgc does not mean you will pass an advanced disclosure cert that means you can work with kids :thumbs:

having an fac/sgc does not mean you will pass an advanced disclosure cert that means you can work with kids :thumbs:

No it does not, however if you have a conviction for being a fuc*ing nonce it is highly unlikely you will be granted an sgc or fac is it not? So I would be pretty confident, in the fact that an fac holder probably was not a kiddy fiddler, of course this is not inffalible, but neither is an enhanced crb disclosure either.

No it does not, however if you have a conviction for being a fuc*ing nonce it is highly unlikely you will be granted an sgc or fac is it not? So I would be pretty confident, in the fact that an fac holder probably was not a kiddy fiddler, of course this is not inffalible, but neither is an enhanced crb disclosure either.
you dont have to be a nonce to not be able to work with kids certain other charges will stop you though but wont stop you having an fac