harris hawk

Guest nitedog

Guest nitedog

I was out today with me mate he let the hawk off to land on a fence when it went straight a cross a feild and struck a cat need less to say the cat must have been to much for her and it got away five minutes later killed a hare her weight was two pound six she will fly any were between two 4 and two 7

Guest shaheen

Yes by accident and it's not the nicest kill to remove either and nothing to be over joyful with imo .....But then again i had a female Spar that tried to nail a Lhasa Apso dog :pardon:

Shaheen

Edited by shaheen

my male harris has just nailed my patterdale flying the harris in the garden and he went up on to the house roof and just droped off the roof on to him i run into the yard and he was hanging off his head with the pat screaming that will teach the pat to torment the harris in the weathering . :boxing:

Guest shaheen
my male harris has just nailed my patterdale flying the harris in the garden and he went up on to the house roof and just droped off the roof on to him i run into the yard and he was hanging off his head with the pat screaming that will teach the pat to torment the harris in the weathering . :boxing:

One lucky Harris.. :thumbs: .. and as far as cat's are concerned you will come unstuck if your bird take's a liking to them because they will do a lot of damage to a bird..dont forget they have four leg's that are like rubber with very sharp claw's on the end of each one..

Millet

100% agree their :thumbs: ,dont think it show's a great picture for Falconry myself and i know of one guy that had a female Red that took a feral from a stoop from a tall tree whilst following on and she died six day's later from septiseamia (spelling?) from a bite/claw's.Cat's shouldnt be on the quarry list imo and arent worth the risk's........

Shaheen

Edited by shaheen