Daystate - Get Your Act Together!

After five long weeks, the last three involving numerous phone calls and email messages, I have finally got my Air Wolf back from servicing. When I delivered it in person to Daystate; I was told to expect a two week turnaround.

In my opinion, half truths and vague promises seem to be a forte of Daystate, and customer liaison is none existent. The two hundred pounds plus for service was expected, in return it would have been nice to be treated as a valued customer and kept informed on progress when delays where imminent.

Settling into the new factory and service personnel on holiday was the excuse, an obligatory sorry for the delay was uttered as I left the premises after collecting my Air Wolf.

I cherish my air rifles and I’m fascinated with the different makers and models; guess what manufacturer I will be avoiding in the future?

Regards, Steve.

• Like 2

Thats not good Steve for the amount you have to pay out. A simple sincere apology is sometimes all that is needed i agree. I have heard Daystate were pretty good with aftersales services etc. But with the recent lack of QC on newer rifles it no wonder the reputation is going down the pan. Its a shame because they are fantastic rifles. Glad its sorted though :thumbs:

• Like 2

I have to say, I have just this week, got my Daystate Regal back after almost 6 weeks wait. And I am satisfied with what's been done as to my requests/complaints. But not until after a considerable wait.

The bolt action is smoother and they have made a definite improvement to raising the power and screwing it all back together tighter than it was. They provided a Chrono read-out of the rifle now performing at 11.5/11.6 average. No pellet is named or specified for the test. I have to say that, I got a phone call from Daystate saying my rifle was ready only a day after I had emailed their Customer service lady to enquire what's going on with my rifle! I'll be fully happy or not when I can chrono the rifle with MY pellets for myself.

Daystate say they have been moving into new premises, which may go some way to explaining the delays. My service cost me nothing as the rifle is under warranty. Had they held their hand out, I would have demanded a refund in full and they could keep the thing.

It seems no air rifle maker these days really gives a shit about customers who, after all, make or break their businesses with continued repeat custom. I love my Weihrauch spring rifles. My HW97K .177 alone pisses all over the Daystate Regal for genuine one-hole accuracy. But that level of performance was only achieved after having the thing stripped-out and rebuilt with custom parts from Sandwell Field Sports that are way better than HW's factory standard.

They make shit now. All of them make a poor bloody show of what should be first class air rifles. God knows they charge enough for the things! I don't honestly know if I will ever buy another air rifle again. I'm very happy with what I have in my armoury. But not one of them, apart from the Regal so far as I know, has standard factory parts in them!

Now would be a perfect time for a British gunmaker to emerge and take the field with a world class air rifle of our own making. NO foreign shit. Just clean, quality parts in a sleek, classical rifle stock behind a supremely accurate barrel. And it all works simply and beautifully. That's all we want really isn't it?

How bloody hard can that be?? A cylinder, some reliably top notch quality gubbins and a cracking accurate barrel dressed in a gracefully elegant-handling stock without "space age" thumbholes and other lumps and bumps and useless crap on it!

We can't make a fart worth anything can we!

Simon

• Like 7

I have to say, I have just this week, got my Daystate Regal back after almost 6 weeks wait. And I am satisfied with what's been done as to my requests/complaints. But not until after a considerable wait.

The bolt action is smoother and they have made a definite improvement to raising the power and screwing it all back together tighter than it was. They provided a Chrono read-out of the rifle now performing at 11.5/11.6 average. No pellet is named or specified for the test. I have to say that, I got a phone call from Daystate saying my rifle was ready only a day after I had emailed their Customer service lady to enquire what's going on with my rifle! I'll be fully happy or not when I can chrono the rifle with MY pellets for myself.

Daystate say they have been moving into new premises, which may go some way to explaining the delays. My service cost me nothing as the rifle is under warranty. Had they held their hand out, I would have demanded a refund in full and they could keep the thing.

It seems no air rifle maker these days really gives a shit about customers who, after all, make or break their businesses with continued repeat custom. I love my Weihrauch spring rifles. My HW97K .177 alone pisses all over the Daystate Regal for genuine one-hole accuracy. But that level of performance was only achieved after having the thing stripped-out and rebuilt with custom parts from Sandwell Field Sports that are way better than HW's factory standard.

They make shit now. All of them make a poor bloody show of what should be first class air rifles. God knows they charge enough for the things! I don't honestly know if I will ever buy another air rifle again. I'm very happy with what I have in my armoury. But not one of them, apart from the Regal so far as I know, has standard factory parts in them!

Now would be a perfect time for a British gunmaker to emerge and take the field with a world class air rifle of our own making. NO foreign shit. Just clean, quality parts in a sleek, classical rifle stock behind a supremely accurate barrel. And it all works simply and beautifully. That's all we want really isn't it?

How bloody hard can that be?? A cylinder, some reliably top notch quality gubbins and a cracking accurate barrel dressed in a gracefully elegant-handling stock without "space age" thumbholes and other lumps and bumps and useless crap on it!

Simon

What is the Regal like after Daystate improvements on it Simon ?

Best looking airgun at the moment ,just a shame it a pile off crap imo even though daystate had mine 4 times in as many months its was still awful ,glad to get my money back

• Like 1

This is all so very sad indeed.

I'd love to have a franchise like Hull cartridge has.

A wee tighten up on QC with deburring, spring finishing and a better fitting spring guide and a top hat added with proper lube in proper amounts in the right places would put the likes of Weihrauch right back at the top.

These changes would be minimal in expense and should be part of their standard service in my mind.

Whats with all the jelly shite and sharp edges, chopped spring WHAT THE FINGLESTEENS!!!!!!!

FEK SAKE!!!

Its always been my dream to own something that could compete with zee Germans and I guess Air Arms are almost there.

Not quite though!!

Zee Germans have a magical engineering touch that's not being implemented properly in the building of these wonderful guns in this day and age of get it out yesterday.

Sorry for the thread Hijack, can't comment on Daystate but I believe whats written here by my peers and fellows airgunners.

SAD!!

• Like 1

Simon

There is one out there in the UK that covers all your bases but knows that it's customers want the space-age stocks that separate them from the standard offerings. Despite producing hand-made rifle actions they know It's the stock that provides the functionality and the lumps of crap that make a difference to their performance. Look at the way AA and HW are going with the sporters currently, laminated stocks sell and the manufacturers know it. You could put the finest grade sporter stock on my rifle but I will go for functionality over form as a target shooter.

On the Daystate front I have rid myself of two MK4 IS in th elast two months having given them a fair chance to impress. They didn't and for their prices I should have been blown away.

These days, sadly, it's accountants that have a bigger say in these businesses and not engineers.

I know feck all about Daystate but some of the shockers that I've seen both HW and Air Arms chuck out recently are shameful. Both of their QC departments need to give their collective heads a great big shake.

• Like 4

Fek me I hope mine don't go wrong , if that's the after sales service I can expect , and a lot of money spent tobo

I kind of hope that some one from day state is on this site and would pass on these concerns to the md ( tony) I belive

And that some thing will be done about it , it's a bad show right enough

Dave

thank god for that,i thoiught it was just me.i had one of the first airwolf fac produced it kept losing zero.daystate denied the barrel was moving with 2 different rifles. :huh: if i tapped it left it grouped left tap right and guess what.then they brought out the bands and made every one pay for them when they should have been a free upgrade.groups moving is in humane :censored: i had many woundings.if they had admitted the problem and said thanks mike for bringing it to our atention that would have been something.it cost me a small fortune back and fourth trying to sort it .all that said i still own one because in fac they are simply the best,better than all the rest :boogy: better than any one :boogy: any one ive ever met :boogy: simply the best :boogy: .

• Like 1

Simon

Best looking airgun at the moment ,just a shame it a pile off crap imo even though daystate had mine 4 times in as many months its was still awful ,glad to get my money back

To be honest Villaman, I'm very happy with it. NOW! It is a beautiful rifle and the power is right. It is no more accurate than any of my spring rifles, but, that's something I've always maintained as a devotee of spring rifles. Maybe it's the way I've develloped as a spring rifle shooter but, I can hit a genuine one-pellet hole, 10-shot group at 30 metres with my HW97K .177 rifle, whereas the Daystate PCP produces a raggy hole just under half an inch at the same range distance. But that's academic really. That kind of accuracy more than meets the demand for hunting. The main thing here though is, it took the disappointment of finding all that was promised was nowhere to be found. It looks stunning as any rifle can be, but that counts for nothing if the barrel sleeve is loose and the pellet cannot hit with lethal punch.

I have to commend Rebecca at Daystate for dealing with my particular case so well and a satisfactory outcome came about.

I just wish I, you and other decent fellas who just want a great rifle for what is serious money, got what we wanted in the first place, without having the upsets and the hassle of couriers and waiting for repairs that should never be in the first place!

Hope you are better served than before with what you have now Villaman!

Best wishes Simon

• Like 1

Simon

To be honest Villaman, I'm very happy with it. NOW! It is a beautiful rifle and the power is right. It is no more accurate than any of my spring rifles, but, that's something I've always maintained as a devotee of spring rifles. Maybe it's the way I've develloped as a spring rifle shooter but, I can hit a genuine one-pellet hole, 10-shot group at 30 metres with my HW97K .177 rifle, whereas the Daystate PCP produces a raggy hole just under half an inch at the same range distance. But that's academic really. That kind of accuracy more than meets the demand for hunting. The main thing here though is, it took the disappointment of finding all that was promised was nowhere to be found. It looks stunning as any rifle can be, but that counts for nothing if the barrel sleeve is loose and the pellet cannot hit with lethal punch.

I have to commend Rebecca at Daystate for dealing with my particular case so well and a satisfactory outcome came about.

I just wish I, you and other decent fellas who just want a great rifle for what is serious money, got what we wanted in the first place, without having the upsets and the hassle of couriers and waiting for repairs that should never be in the first place!

Hope you are better served than before with what you have now Villaman!

Best wishes Simon

I am glad all is well with your Regal now ,but it should have been like that from new .

I went out and got anther HW100kt in .177 to match my .22 ,but had a small leak on it then a few other issues as well . Hull cartridge have bent over back wards for me, they picked up the gun from my home on Tuesday and phoned me to day to say ,it will be with you at your home address on Friday , not bad a !!

• Like 3

Oh dear. Just posted on another thread, but sent a Regal back this week. Bolt stiff and seizing after thirty shots.

Wish I had read these experiences afore splashing out £800.

It is quality control. It is not good enough, and yes it gives whats left of British gun making an even worse reputation.

Air gunners seem to be treated like c..p at the moment, or is that just my impression?

Oh dear. Just posted on another thread, but sent a Regal back this week. Bolt stiff and seizing after thirty shots.

It is quality control. It is not good enough, and yes it gives whats left of British gun making an even worse reputation.

Air gunners seem to be treated like c..p at the moment, or is that just my impression?

I will not be buying another Dastate for some time ,after my experience with my crap Regal

• Like 1

I will not be buying another Dastate for some time ,after my experience with my crap Regal

I think you are right John, airgunners are treated like crap. The stuff going out on sale these days is poorly made and finished and unfit for purpose. I must admit, despite the best efforts of Daystate to rectify my particular case, the whole experience has lead me firmly to believe that mainstream manufacturers are not worthy of anyone's custom anymore, until they wake up and get themselves sorted out back to where they used to be. All the manufacturers we have supported with customer-loyalty and hard earned cash have let their standards slip to a point where I just have no trust or respect for them left.

I have a lovely little collection of spring rifles that are just beautiful to shoot with and to own. I don't need another rifle as any one of my springers will piss all over a PCP for accuracy any day. I thought I was adding to my experience of air rifle shooting with a beautiful, modern, well made PCP that the REGAL promised to be.

I hope at least, you'll have as satisfactory an outcome as I have John. But I fear, as with villaman's experience, it's a question of luck I reckon.

I wouldn't gamble £800 on a sure-fire horse! :hmm: And I won't be buying new guns anytime soon.

Best wishes.

Simon

• Like 1