Rabbit Numbers

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thays handy to know be heading there once the season starts lol

rabbits do move all year around, they move with the seasons for food etc, some lads by me have been out slipping lurchers on rabbits the size of hamsters, and not for pest control reasons, it's ruinin

I always see big numbers of rabbits around me at this time of year but they also get mixi at this time of year so by the time I start lamping there is only half the amount that I see now

i have seen a load about this year compared to last which supprised as most of this land was under water for weeks ...

IF it stays disease free it could be a good start to the season ..

even close to home where the rabbits have never been in big numbers theres a few knocking about ,and i dont see many lads with dogs either which is good..

• Like 1

rabbit numbers have always been terrible round my way, lately the have picked up but a bunch of local lads keep summer hunting the rabbits, not gonna be any game left in the winter by me

If they are not doing it for pest control then they probably wont kill many. Where do they manage to get at them anyway? its either sheep or crops where I go.

Im lucky in that i get to go to different farms everyday with work and on some of them its crawling i have got 2 good sized permissions for this year with a few on .

one wants me to ferret his mates back garden this weekend :blink::blink: but i told him my ferrets have young ,i havent even got any lol but told him that so i can get on there this season .looks like a night with the airrifle tomorrow, if i do a good job i get 600 acres to go at in the season as well as the 2 i have already.

There's always loads of rabbits about this time of year, but when the season starts the number has usually halved ! That mixi is a b*****d, completely wiped out one of my bits a few years back, I've just been up there last few weeks and seen about 15-20 gonna leave it again this winter and hopefully the season after will be back to its best nearly. Fingers crossed

some good signs out my way ( south of edinburgh ),hope it continues. whats it like where you stay?

He's already told me his good spots...... :laugh:

some good signs out my way ( south of edinburgh ),hope it continues. whats it like where you stay?

He's already told me his good spots...... :laugh:
lol we can sort a we day out

It always seems too be myxiy hits them hard at this time of year another lad that is bringing on a pup at the moment told me of 20 bunnys he got a couple of weeks ago all had it not been out too have a look yet but hoping there will still be something left bye aug