A Walk.........

I've just been for a walk with Florence.

It suddenly struck me that it was a typical mid-summer walk in the English countryside.

First field was full of healthy bullocks. The smell of cattle is something special to me; as they gathered round, sniffed, licked and tasted our smell, I was struck that I actually love the smell and presence of cattle.

Onwards we struck, through the long meadow grass my boots gathered the seeds as we went forward.

We checked three rabbit traps in a hedge; nothing caught.

The next field was a joy.

Nearly 'made' hay; rattling, and giving that glorious smell of an English summer our nostrils enjoyed the delight of what must be the best smell ever!

So, my question is; what is the smell of summer for you?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The pure smell of the countryside when you step outside at 4 in the morning ... Fresh and virginal .........

2 week old dead pigeons that you forgot you chucked in the back of the truck..........Matt, what about the smell of IanBs hoop?......you seem very fond of that lately? Lol

Muff!

To be honest although each smell is individual, I've never really thought appreciated it as like that, just on the whole, just in with the dogs, birds tweeting knee to waist high wet grass, can hear the cows in the distance although sunny and not cold, there is a chill in the air, young young rabbits feeding........... Yep summer is here. :thumbs:

freshly cut grass is one of the nicest smells in the summer. and the smell of the wild mint by the brook.

fook me theres loads of great smells and sights in the summer if you just take your time to take them in and enjoy them.