National Identity

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We do have a lot of freedom in this country it's true, however we have allowed and are allowing our freedom to be seriously eroded daily.......it's the price we pay for a few grand on the value of you

What has this to do with hunting.... f**k all, it's the general talk section.   Our forces are fighting to stabalise regions that affect our lives either due to being breeding grounds for terrorism

i have never bought into welsh hating the english, on rugby days its just a bit of banter for me and pretty much everyone i know half of my family are from birmingham and i spent most of my summer hol

Wtf has this to do with hunting in all fairness??

I really dont get the pro bnp , pro white power vibe of this place at times……. Your empire is based on hundreds of years of the tyranny and oppression of other countries. You think your forces are fighting for the inhabitants of iraq, afghanistan etc…. They are fighting to secure precious commodities.. coal & gas…. As for the

so if I FEEL Nigerian can I be a Nigerian?

The blood of our ancestors has fertilised the soil of Europe for tens of thousands of years,no piece of laminated paper can give a foreigner the right to live here.

This country's in a very bad way,even in communist china you can carry a fixed blade around with you,and I can't think of any other country in the world where you'd get arrested for quoting the national hero.

The blood of your ancestors has fertilised the lands of countries you wished to oppress and bleed dry of their natural assets…….. You have moved troops/planters/emigrants to half the world yet complain when they return the favour…..

Ours wasn't the only empire to ever exist,and certainly not the most oppressive.

A great nation may need additional resources for it's own security,not pleasant but necessary.

don't forget we had powerful rivals who would have conquered and exploited us if we hadn't strengthened ourselves by doing just that to others.

but a people only ever have one homeland,regardless of where they live or die.

So I take it you don't like the bail out Britain gave Ireland then!

You Irish lads try to come across as hard done by, talk about sour grapes.

And since when has having national pride been a bad thing, you lads go out every year and celebrate St Patricks!

Admittedly i'm not the most patriotic person when it comes down to things like world cup football or olympics, im not the competitive type but my pride does show when we win medals or if we actually won the world cup (LOL).

initial thoughts: I do take where i live for granted because honestly, i've not been anywhere else to understand any differently but i do feel when it comes down to politics and how the country runs, we're a little too soft.

I dont want to get started on the NHS or Dole but internationals SHOULD NOT be able to access it, whether you're struggling to find work here or the sickest person around... my grandparents and parents haven't fought wars and broke their backs working and paying their taxes for you to come over and abuse the system.
*Rant Over*

However, whenever i think deep down of the 4 little countries we call home, it does fill me with pride and patriotism with our culture, history and traditions, the people we call friends and family, the houses we call homes amongst other things we take for granted.

We may moan about everything but thats a truly British trait we all carry :thumbs:

White

Admittedly i'm not the most patriotic person when it comes down to things like world cup football or olympics, im not the competitive type but my pride does show when we win medals or if we actually won the world cup (LOL).

initial thoughts: I do take where i live for granted because honestly, i've not been anywhere else to understand any differently but i do feel when it comes down to politics and how the country runs, we're a little too soft.

I dont want to get started on the NHS or Dole but internationals SHOULD NOT be able to access it, whether you're struggling to find work here or the sickest person around... my grandparents and parents haven't fought wars and broke their backs working and paying their taxes for you to come over and abuse the system.

*Rant Over*

However, whenever i think deep down of the 4 little countries we call home, it does fill me with pride and patriotism with our culture, history and traditions, the people we call friends and family, the houses we call homes amongst other things we take for granted.

We may moan about everything but thats a truly British trait we all carry :thumbs:

White

Whats the fourth?? England .. wales.. scotland and???

And since when has having national pride been a bad thing, you lads go out every year and celebrate St Patricks!

Ireland has paid back the austerity loan received by the EUROPEAN UNION.

Hard done by…… if you read a little about some of the atrocities committed by british forces in Ireland over the past couple of hundred years you may feel the same way.

National pride is not a bad thing but as per my original post you all seem to mix up national pride with racism towards immigrants….. I read last week that 40% of new businesses set up in Britain last year were by people of a foreign extraction. This is certainly true of the construction industry anyway…. I would say 80% of the major main contractors in the uk are originally founded by a emigrant.

None of our british employees ever take the day off for it , however 2 weeks before St patricks day my desk is inundated with holiday request forms by our irish employees

Northern Ireland. :thumbs:

Matter of opinion that one mate… The 6 counties have only been separate from Ireland since 1922. From the recent elections and the republican move towards the ballot box i honestly cannot see the segregation lasting a terrible lot longer….. Sinn Feinn are extremely strong in northern politics at the moment.

Hard done by…… if you read a little about some of the atrocities committed by british forces in Ireland over the past couple of hundred years you may feel the same way.

I suppose the para-militarys were innocent in all the troubles then?

• Like 3

I suppose the para-militarys were innocent in all the troubles then?

The unionist (in collusion with ruc and british army) or the Nationalist paramilitary organisations??

Wtf has this to do with hunting in all fairness??

I really dont get the pro bnp , pro white power vibe of this place at times……. Your empire is based on hundreds of years of the tyranny and oppression of other countries. You think your forces are fighting for the inhabitants of iraq, afghanistan etc…. They are fighting to secure precious commodities.. coal & gas…. As for the

The blood of your ancestors has fertilised the lands of countries you wished to oppress and bleed dry of their natural assets…….. You have moved troops/planters/emigrants to half the world yet complain when they return the favour…..

What has this to do with hunting.... f**k all, it's the general talk section. :blink:

Our forces are fighting to stabalise regions that affect our lives either due to being breeding grounds for terrorism or having resources which we are dependant on. Tell me, what would your precious and perfect Ireland do if Iran closed the Strait of Hormuz? You'd look to the big nasty Navys of this world to reopen it and stabilize such a strategically important region to the world's economies.

And just because we had an empire and did some bad things doesn't mean we have an ethical need to pay for it today. Just like those countries that benefitted from our empire have no ethical need to repay us for it.

• Like 5

Northern Ireland. :thumbs:

Matter of opinion that one mate… The 6 counties have only been separate from Ireland since 1922. From the recent elections and the republican move towards the ballot box i honestly cannot see the segregation lasting a terrible lot longer….. Sinn Feinn are extremely strong in northern politics at the moment.

I predict this thread will soon be closed and maybe a few bans handed out for insulting the easily offended lol

If you learn a bit more about Northern Ireland's ancient history you'll see it's been separate from the rest of Ireland for as long as these Isles have been inhabited.