National Identity

Listening to a local radio station in the car yesterday, the subject was are you proud to be british and if you are why?. Some of the depressing opinions on there were enough to make you cut your wrists. So what are you proud about in this country, for me the freedom of speech a thing we take for granted, the history and heritage and traditions we have. The eccentrics in our culture that make the place so colourful, who does not feel proud when you watch the red arrows perform. Also knowing you have the best armed forces in the world, sadly being shat on by the wimpiest goverment, that seem hell bent on underfunding them and would probably be on the first private plane to canada if things got bad. No you hear a lot of moaning about unemployment, ect, immigration, which i believe needs serious restrictions imposing, but fact is there are far worse places than britain. :yes:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We do have a lot of freedom in this country it's true, however we have allowed and are allowing our freedom to be seriously eroded daily.......it's the price we pay for a few grand on the value of you

What has this to do with hunting.... f**k all, it's the general talk section.   Our forces are fighting to stabalise regions that affect our lives either due to being breeding grounds for terrorism

i have never bought into welsh hating the english, on rugby days its just a bit of banter for me and pretty much everyone i know half of my family are from birmingham and i spent most of my summer hol

Listening to a local radio station in the car yesterday, the subject was are you proud to be british and if you are why?. Some of the depressing opinions on there were enough to make you cut your wrists. So what are you proud about in this country, for me the freedom of speech a thing we take for granted, the history and heritage and traditions we have. The eccentrics in our culture that make the place so colourful, who does not feel proud when you watch the red arrows perform. Also knowing you have the best armed forces in the world, sadly being shat on by the wimpiest goverment, that seem hell bent on underfunding them and would probably be on the first private plane to canada if things got bad. No you hear a lot of moaning about unemployment, ect, immigration, which i believe needs serious restrictions imposing, but fact is there are far worse places than britain. :yes:

well got to be the NHS, DOLE , we the only country in world, that will give health care ,unemployment money to people not working. in other country's if your sick you will stay sick, or no job no money , we must be softest country in the world . so good or bad its a great country to live in :yes:

• Like 1

I do love living in wales some beautiful sites and where I play rugby still got the great village feeling really tight community but I would happly move to other parts of the world for a better life style and probably more money for the job I do but wouldn't for the world leave my dogs as sad as it sounds they are like my children and mean everything to me

• Like 1

We do have a lot of freedom in this country it's true, however we have allowed and are allowing our freedom to be seriously eroded daily.......it's the price we pay for a few grand on the value of your house or easy credit.

We allowed Blair to do as he pleased all the time the money kept flowing.

The welfare has gone from safety net that we can be proud of to fishing net that enslaves millions and shackles them to the chariot of whatever party is willing to be most generous.......slavery in other words.

We allow our government to steal 7 months of our hard labour every year so they can make more rules to govern of life even more.......the US under Obama is no different.

I am proud as f**k of the British people, but the system is f****d !

• Like 6

Our reputation, every country in the modern world knows what we're about, what defines the British and our history. Other nations respect us the world over. They have high expectations of the British from hundreds of years of achievement at the highest level.

The military makes me very proud, again regarded as the best in the world by the rest of the world. It's capability to deal with any threat to sovereign territory and citizens anywhere in the world instantly is essential to any nation regarding itself as a serious world power. Sadly I'm not sure how long we will be able to kid ourselves with that level of confidence...

• Like 2

NHS!!!

I HATE when people complain about the NHS. My job is to run a travel insurance office. I had a guy on the phone who once went on holiday without travel insurance to America. He had to sell his house and is still over £100'000 in debt, because healthcare in the US is super expensive and he had no insurance. The medical bill was around the $350'000 mark he said. He is now renting a small flat, wife left him, and with all this in mind, he actually has a good job....but is clearly an 'over-sharer'.

Oh and our ability to conquor countries, but then when we leave for those countries to be set back 80ish years...and for them to want us to come back and help them back on their feed. We kick arse!

Dislikes...lack of freedom, whether speech or activity (e.g. massive gun restrictions).

Edited by RemyBolt
  • Like 1

I'm British to the core and proud of our country's heritage. I've traced one line of my family tree back to the 1200s.

Having a British passport doesn't make you British. You have to FEEL British with all that entails.

I will always be proud to be British, but those in power are making it harder to feel patriotic as our freedom of speech is all but gone now in case the truth upsets anyone.

I'm English first, then British...I am NOT European. :thumbs:

I'm British to the core and proud of our country's heritage. I've traced one line of my family tree back to the 1200s.

Having a British passport doesn't make you British. You have to FEEL British with all that entails.

I will always be proud to be British, but those in power are making it harder to feel patriotic as our freedom of speech is all but gone now in case the truth upsets anyone.

:thumbs:

so if I FEEL Nigerian can I be a Nigerian?

The blood of our ancestors has fertilised the soil of Europe for tens of thousands of years,no piece of laminated paper can give a foreigner the right to live here.

This country's in a very bad way,even in communist china you can carry a fixed blade around with you,and I can't think of any other country in the world where you'd get arrested for quoting the national hero.

:thumbs:

:thumbs: down my family tree , according to my late dad his father+ great grand father used to fight for money on weekend's, they never held a job down very long just fooked about here+there getting by , they sound like feckin travellers :laugh: .His father won the V/C in the 1st world war, was very brave man only 5ft 5 in high but near 5ft across built like a feckin tank lol, but my dad said he never settled down after the war, but loved this country a English man through and through :thumbs::yes:

your assuming every mrs walshie over the last 800 odd years was faithful to her husband lol--id agree with you about nationality though-there is definitely an ethnic element to it ,the word nation comes from the latin for grandson/descendent

The blood of our ancestors has fertilised the soil of Europe for tens of thousands of years,no piece of laminated paper can give a foreigner the right to live here.

This country's in a very bad way,even in communist china you can carry a fixed blade around with you,and I can't think of any other country in the world where you'd get arrested for quoting the national hero.

Yes you can. As said, nationality isn't down to a bit fo paper.

Wtf has this to do with hunting in all fairness??

I really dont get the pro bnp , pro white power vibe of this place at times……. Your empire is based on hundreds of years of the tyranny and oppression of other countries. You think your forces are fighting for the inhabitants of iraq, afghanistan etc…. They are fighting to secure precious commodities.. coal & gas…. As for the

The blood of your ancestors has fertilised the lands of countries you wished to oppress and bleed dry of their natural assets…….. You have moved troops/planters/emigrants to half the world yet complain when they return the favour…..

• Like 1

Wtf has this to do with hunting in all fairness??

I really dont get the pro bnp , pro white power vibe of this place at times……. Your empire is based on hundreds of years of the tyranny and oppression of other countries. You think your forces are fighting for the inhabitants of iraq, afghanistan etc…. They are fighting to secure precious commodities.. coal & gas…. As for the

The blood of your ancestors has fertilised the lands of countries you wished to oppress and bleed dry of their natural assets…….. You have moved troops/planters/emigrants to half the world yet complain when they return the favour…..

If you don't mind me asking do you consider yourself British?