Pups First Fox

well I went for a walk up the fields with a few of the dogs at 4:30 this morning just letting them do there own thing. the terrier flushed a few rabbits but I didn't bag any, still good fun. I was coming over a brow in the field when the bitch took of like a rocket with the terrier and pup after her. there was a fox about 50 or 60 yards away in the middle of the field and it headed for a ditch about another 100 yards from where he was. the bitch caught him just at the ditch and once she had the fox the pup didn't mess about getting stuck in and the terrier to when he caught up.

now I'm not really into summer foxing but the dogs were loose and to tell the truth I'm glad after seeing how well the pup did. I'm calling him a pup but he's 9 months old so he's still a pup to me. both lurchers are 1st cross bull/hounds and the pup is the dog in the right hand side of the pics.

to say I'm happy with how he did is an under statement.

post-89229-0-89828900-1402899657.jpg

Edited by alan81
  • Like 16

cheers decky I wouldn't usually let a 9 month old pup to a fox but he was loose I had no choice and he did well anyway. he wont see another now till September/October. but as you say they have to start sometime.

cheers bird its a great feeling when you see them get stuck in for the first time and not hold back. I'm looking forward to the season even more now but ill still bring him on slowly slowly. I learned that lesson a long time ago I ruined a couple of good dogs because " I couldn't wait ". :censored:

cheers bird its a great feeling when you see them get stuck in for the first time and not hold back. I'm looking forward to the season even more now but ill still bring him on slowly slowly. I learned that lesson a long time ago I ruined a couple of good dogs because " I couldn't wait ". :censored:

yeh nice+ easy with young dog :thumbs: sent you a pm.!

Cheers Trunk he wont be seeing another one for a while now. The dog in the left of the pic is the bitch I told you about before in a pm. this will be her first proper season on fox and things are looking very good. I saw your 11 month old pup in another post nice dog all the best with it mate.

• Like 2

Cheers Trunk he wont be seeing another one for a while now. The dog in the left of the pic is the bitch I told you about before in a pm. this will be her first proper season on fox and things are looking very good. I saw your 11 month old pup in another post nice dog all the best with it mate.

nice bitch glad to see she going well mate what height she stand chum? Cheers chum hasnt seen nothing yet 1 or 2 rabbits just need to get him out but plenty of time mate
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...