I'll crack it. I don't think my rigs are that wrong, or my bait. The hook baits my need some fine tuning.

I am sure you are right. You said you have a match background so you know about fish. However I am always one to go against the grain and so maybe you should search swims that others don't rate. A few years back I went to a stretch where there were said not to be many barbel and I had 17 (and 3 chub) out of one swim all on lobworms! Admittedly nothing over 6lbs, but I was very happy and I also didn't tell any other anglers for 3 years.

Good luck with this!!

• Like 1

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only just gone and smashed my PB. I was reeling in one rod to pack away, when the other went off.   13lb 7oz.     Over the moon.

I am a BARBEL fisherman.       Get in.............

Objective achieved!! A River Dove double. Get in.........   Only taken me two and a half seasons.     10lb 10oz. My new personal best.     HAVE IT!!

Posted Images

Hope you do better than I'm doing. Not so much as a bite here yet. Never seen so many Kingfishers as I have done in the last 3 trips though.

Plenty of fish but all small :icon_redface: Perch, roach and rudd. I'll get a pic up tonight.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

Hope you do better than I'm doing. Not so much as a bite here yet. Never seen so many Kingfishers as I have done in the last 3 trips though.

Plenty of fish but all small :icon_redface: Perch, roach and rudd. I'll get a pic up tonight.

Cheers, D.

Here we go

Ta Dah! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Cheers, D.

post-10409-0-38434100-1403800965_thumb.jpg

post-10409-0-82083100-1403800977_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Ding! Ding! Ding! Round 4 of the Arch vs Dove Barbel saga. Tonight swim is the one I wanted last time out, but boy is it uncomfortable to fish. Similar tactics tonight, G/B feeder with Hemp and Pellet . Pellet on the inside under an overhanging Willow.

post-57067-0-49117300-1404140709_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Well, waterlicked again. But so were the other 2 lads fishing tonight (At least they were when i left) I think i may have overestimated how few barbel are actually in the Dove. Still it was a pleasent evening.

........ Anyway, onwards. Wednesday's next up. Early doors this time. :thumbs:

Lobworms have worked well for me on hard stretches of the severn, especially where the water sees a lot of, pellets and meat. I have had some nice fish by injecting the worm with cod liver oil, provides a little bit extra attraction sometimes, picked up some nice perch , chub and the odd nice size eel, whilst chasing the barbel

If you use boilies try mainline cell flavour, that bait has caught on many days when nothing else works, maybe trim it down a little, alter the shape, encourage the flavour to leak.

Good luck.

Edited by jonah.
  • Like 2

I admire your dedication Arch...... Now get the float rod out and have some fun Ffs lol

Good advice there Jonah, perhaps a natural bait may score Arch, I'd imagine they've hadca lot of pellets chucked at them in the last few years.

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 2

I'm fishing a Stillwater on Friday with a lad from work. Skimmers and the odd Bream, feeder fishing. Should break my duck there........ Hopefully !!

Gonna be on the Dove again early doors tomorrow. Mind you, just had contacts fitted today, so may see fook all :)

• Like 2

post-57067-0-98775600-1404277993_thumb.jpg

Today's swim. Last chance saloon for this week. Got here at 5:30am. G/B feeder across, boilie down the edge. Made one schoolboy error, no wellies, me feet are soaked. A feeding Kingfisher on the other bank is a nice start to the day.

• Like 2