• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only just gone and smashed my PB. I was reeling in one rod to pack away, when the other went off.   13lb 7oz.     Over the moon.

I am a BARBEL fisherman.       Get in.............

Objective achieved!! A River Dove double. Get in.........   Only taken me two and a half seasons.     10lb 10oz. My new personal best.     HAVE IT!!

Posted Images

Thanks guys.

I'm not really sure whats happening this year, I'm doing exactly the same this year as the last two, just seem to be catching. They're not Barbel, but after all the blank sessions I've had, Chub will do. Four good Chub (2 of them PB's) a tiddler, one Eel (PB) and a PB Barbel.

If the season ended tomorrow, I've had a decent year already.

• Like 1

What you using for hookbait? I put 2 20 mm halibut pellets on the hair and don't get plagued by chub,anything 14 mm and smaller they seem to want to hang themselves lol.try using a longer hair on your hook link. ;) atb dc

What you using for hookbait? I put 2 20 mm halibut pellets on the hair and don't get plagued by chub,anything 14 mm and smaller they seem to want to hang themselves lol.try using a longer hair on your hook link. ;) atb dc

A single 15mm Halibut boilie, with PVA bags of not much freebies (Crushed boilies and/or pellets) or a G/B feeder. The lads that do well on there don't share much info, but what they do say is to not feed much and don't cast out too often. They won't tell you what they're using though.

They say to just leave it in there. That part is a tad boring TBH.

I've got some big drilled pellets, I'll give it a go one one of my rods. :thumbs:

Just bought some of these to try.

http://www.dynamitebaits.com/products/p/spicy-tuna-sweet-chilli-boilie-range

Was talking to someone who was catching on them when I was on the river the other day . For years my number one barbel bait was dynamites meaty marine boilies , that was until they discontinued them . They've brought them back out now but I suspect they've made a slight change to it because they don't seem anywhere near as good this time round . Dynamites the crave and mainlines hybrid are good barbel and chub baits if you don't get on with the tuna and sweet chilli

• Like 2

I'm not a boilie man, I just don't get the whole hair rig-boilie thing. It's not even on the hook FFS.

I do know that the CC Moore Meteor boilie was a good Barbel bait. But they no longer make them as well. Been using Dynamites Crab and Garlic, but haven't caught on it. Picked the Crave up, but put it down. Maybe later.

• Like 1

I'm not a boilie man, I just don't get the whole hair rig-boilie thing. It's not even on the hook FFS.

I do know that the CC Moore Meteor boilie was a good Barbel bait. But they no longer make them as well. Been using Dynamites Crab and Garlic, but haven't caught on it. Picked the Crave up, but put it down. Maybe later.

Not a boilie man???

Yeah right Arch, your fully converted to the dark side, you just can't admit it...... Not even to yourself lol...

A mate of mine wants to buy a DH waggler rod, I said I know just the man for you!! Lol

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 1

If the plums are telling you one thing then do the opposite lol,my mate always ties short hairs so the pellet is tight to the hook-Last nite he had a few chub,soon as he lengthened the hair and doubled up the pellets he was back into the barbel lol.atb dc

A single 15mm Halibut boilie, with PVA bags of not much freebies (Crushed boilies and/or pellets) or a G/B feeder. The lads that do well on there don't share much info, but what they do say is to not feed much and don't cast out too often. They won't tell you what they're using though.

They say to just leave it in there. That part is a tad boring TBH.

I've got some big drilled pellets, I'll give it a go one one of my rods. :thumbs:

been having fish all season on them :)atb dc