Accupell, Rws Superdome, And Jsb Exact. .22 Pellets

I did some testing again today when i got the JSB in the post.

It seems to me that the quality of pellet is the thing that makes it consistent (no surprise there really).
The best (most consistent groupings) i had was with the JSB in my BSA Ultra Se Multi .22, closely followed by SupoerDome, and again the most inconsistent pellets was the AccuPell.

Obviously as JSB is heavier it pulls your group down with about 1 MOA at 20 yards compared to the RWS.

As you can see from the pictures below the AccuPell have got ridge/forge lines on the outside and stuff inside of most of the pellets that no doubt contributes to its poor performance.

1. Accu Pell .22 Webley

2. RWS SuperDome Field Line

0,94 g

14.5 gr

3. JSB Exact Jumbo Diabolo

1030 g

15.89 gr

Here are some closeups of the pellets so you can have a look.

AccuPell:

post-95350-0-64660200-1402787652.jpg

RWS SuperDome:

post-95350-0-91412300-1402788815.jpg

JSB Exact:

post-95350-0-37925500-1402787651.jpg

• Like 1

Give some of them a soapy wash then do it again you may get a surprise at the results , then get some pellet lube and do it again some of the lads get good results doing this.

Personal, y i don't do it but i only use jsb exacts in all of my rifles there a bit expensive but you only get what you pay for atvbmac :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 2

I've been trying lots of different pellets (.177) in a BSA Ultra and a HW99S. The difference in performance is remarkable.

As you can see from the pics my Ultra did not like JSB Exacts, Daystate Sovereigns (both top quality pellets) or Accupells and did best with Bisley Magnums.

The HW springer was totally different with Accupells coming out top and the Sovereigns second.

post-94065-0-89719400-1402968030_thumb.jpg

post-94065-0-58928900-1402968064_thumb.jpg

post-94065-0-57664500-1402968102_thumb.jpg

I've been trying lots of different pellets (.177) in a BSA Ultra and a HW99S. The difference in performance is remarkable.

As you can see from the pics my Ultra did not like JSB Exacts, Daystate Sovereigns (both top quality pellets) or Accupells and did best with Bisley Magnums.

The HW springer was totally different with Accupells coming out top and the Sovereigns second.

attachicon.gifaccu 01.jpg

attachicon.gifimg017_2.jpg

attachicon.gifimg019_2.jpg

Mate, whats that a4 target page called?

What kind of setup have you got on those guns?

Also when was the last time you cleaned the barrel ?

Im gonna see if i can get a few down range tonight and post.

Cheers

Couldn't find the targets you have so this is the closest i could find.

So this is with the BSA Ultra SE .22, just now 21:00 @ 20 yards, 10 shoots each with slight wind gusts.

Top Left: RWS SuperDome

Low Left: AccuPell

Low Right: JSB Exact

As you can see the RWS are spread over a 1 inch by 0.5 inch and is the worst group with 10 shoots.

It seems that the silencer was to blame some what for the poor results initially, as it turned out that pellets was touching the exit hole and no doubt been one reason why the AccuPell had such horrible results initially. Strange that the Accu pellets was the most affected by this?

Having said that, i believe that it is probably safe to say that the better and smoother the quality of the pellets are, the more consistent groups you will have:)

post-95350-0-48139100-1403036284_thumb.jpg

I made the targets myself using Microsoft Paint in Windows, saved them as 'jpg's' and copied them multiple times into a word document, I've done lots like that. I could send you some if you wish.

I've only had the Ultra a couple of months (my first pcp) and haven't cleaned the barrel yet. I cleaned the HW99 when I got it, also a couple of months ago but not since.

Both rifles have Hawke HD 3-9x40 scopes.

I've been really strugging with the HW99 springer in getting it to produce reasonable groups but think I have just about mastered it now, it's very hold sensitive. I've spent a fortune on different brands of pellets ;) but at last it's working.

I made the targets myself using Microsoft Paint in Windows, saved them as 'jpg's' and copied them multiple times into a word document, I've done lots like that. I could send you some if you wish.

I've only had the Ultra a couple of months (my first pcp) and haven't cleaned the barrel yet. I cleaned the HW99 when I got it, also a couple of months ago but not since.

Both rifles have Hawke HD 3-9x40 scopes.

I've been really strugging with the HW99 springer in getting it to produce reasonable groups but think I have just about mastered it now, it's very hold sensitive. I've spent a fortune on different brands of pellets ;) but at last it's working.

Thanks for that Cedric, tried your targets out just now, very nice !

Light fading fast on the last shot.

Pretty dead on though, with the accu pell .22 :)

Here is a little vid of 2 shots with my new scope cam:

• 2 weeks later...

Same as Remy. Me and the rifles are favouring the RWS brand at the moment.

There's a good variety of pellets, calibers and cheap prices. I haven't any need to wash them either, just lube them up and away we go. Quite a few pellet on pellet results too, so the rifles seem to love them.

Going to try a few more brands once I've used all of these, may try H&N and some AA for my .25.

White

• Like 1