They are all still alive and doing well and i know they are full of food because one shit all over me yesterday..

sparrowandgoldiechicks004_zpscf7b11cf.jp

And here is the goldie's one of the chick's was rescued from the aviary floor and much smaller than the other..they are both the same size

now..

sparrowandgoldiechicks005_zpsb5d1f043.jp

• Like 4

I myself might swap that food pan for a nest pan as it'll get crowded in there and i could see one falling out again.Fare play with the sparrow and we can all but try mate :thumbs: ,ring size E same as greenies by the way :whistling: (joke before anyone starts :tongue2: )

• Like 1

I myself might swap that food pan for a nest pan as it'll get crowded in there and i could see one falling out again.Fare play with the sparrow and we can all but try mate :thumbs: ,ring size E same as greenies by the way :whistling: (joke before anyone starts :tongue2: )

I've just ringed a nest full of half grown swallows. F**king murder, getting them out of the nest, without breaking it up. Then, shoving them all back in there? It's like stuffing five more students into a phone box! :icon_eek:

But, those little f**kers will be three times their size, and still cramming in there! It's mental what birds do.

Oh, and ring size E?! F**k off! It's A for a goldie and B for a house sparrow! :tongue2: Ask Mr Wilkes! :toast:

• Like 1

I've just ringed a nest full of half grown swallows. F**king murder, getting them out of the nest, without breaking it up. Then, shoving them all back in there? It's like stuffing five more students into a phone box! :icon_eek:

But, those little f**kers will be three times their size, and still cramming in there! It's mental what birds do.

Oh, and ring size E?! F**k off! It's A for a goldie and B for a house sparrow! :tongue2: Ask Mr Wilkes! :toast:

Try using a bent spoon to get them out of the nest,know a couple of soft bill owners who use these when ringing/finding/scooping out Nuthatch chicks and your size E is different to ours Pete :thumbs: .I had a mule hen do the same in a feed pot and i swap her over into a pan no probs,although she was only on eggs but i would have thought there n full swing feeding them now so a gapping hungry mouth might take their mind of the new wallpaper as it were :laugh: .

• Like 1

:hmm: Nice idea, about the spoon, mate. Only ~ I don't know what hatches nests are like, inside but; Swallows have these really grippy little feet, on these nasty, short little legs.

And they're the absolute f**kers for gripping the animal hair and feathers the nest is usually lined with.

Start trying to scrape Them out with a spoon? Soon find the rings won't stay on ....! Know what I'm saying? :icon_eek:

Ring sizes? :laugh: Yeah, I know, mate. I'd use an E ring on, say, a collared dove! :icon_eek: Utter chaos, you and me trying to work together.

" 'Ere, Fires, bung us an E ring, mate .......... What The F**k Is That?! " :rofl:

• Like 1