Why The Avatar Rule Thing? Genuine Question, Please Don't Troll This Thread.

I'm really not after a load of responses about how awful the change is and how it's stupid, and things like that.

To be fair, it's Ian's website, so his forum his rules.

One thing I'm just genuinely curious about, what is the reason for the change?

I've not had an Avatar ever, so I'm not hassling. I'm honestly interested.

Is it because we have more female members, younger members, or something like that? Is it to give the image that hunters are not just meat head brainless men? Is it to generally clean up the image of UK hunting? Is it the response action after a plethora of complaints or what?

If the change has effected you, please either agree that you'd like an answer, or wait for a response. I do not want this to become a thread where people argue. I'd love it to be a "I get why you'd want those Avatars and the alike, however because of............we have now started to change a few things. Sorry everyone but it's for the good of hunting/forum/stop media bias/stop alien invasion/etc" kind of thread.

Think of it as being a way for the powers that be to explain their side of things.

Thank you.

Basically it breeches a policy regarding advertising, its not just avatars, its images posted on the forum also. Thats it, but some of the other reasons you mentioned are good enough to make a change.

Tbh Ian if you's had asked me I'd a took it off, one went missing yesterday, I though I'd deleted it an put another up, then I saw the thread, you took another down tonight an all I done was say I think this whole country has went bit pc mad, but why the need to keep locking threads?? That makes it look as admin or mods are just childish an want Last say. Granted some threads need locked, but to lock a thread for questioning things is a tad ott

Quite sad really people expresion either thru there avatars or the written word sometimes is the only way to get a perception of the person behind the key board. , SORRY BUT GET OVER YOUR SELF ITS A WEB SITE

• Like 3

I am wondering if this is a web wide phenomenon, as lets face it most of the pictures in the avatars have been pinched off the web. I have a feeling that copyright comes in to it somewhere?

TC

I am wondering if this is a web wide phenomenon, as lets face it most of the pictures in the avatars have been pinched off the web. I have a feeling that copyright comes in to it somewhere?

TC

Mine were selfies...... lol

• Like 1

TC

LOL where did the hair come from then? :hmm:

TC

LOL where did the hair come from then? :hmm:

Out my disguise trunk, I'm not daft as I look you know

• Like 1

Tbh Ian if you's had asked me I'd a took it off, one went missing yesterday, I though I'd deleted it an put another up, then I saw the thread, you took another down tonight an all I done was say I think this whole country has went bit pc mad, but why the need to keep locking threads?? That makes it look as admin or mods are just childish an want Last say. Granted some threads need locked, but to lock a thread for questioning things is a tad ott

First time I tried to PM you to tell you but your inbox was full., The reason threads are locked as people just go on and on, they really need to get out more.

Quite sad really people expresion either thru there avatars or the written word sometimes is the only way to get a perception of the person behind the key board. , SORRY BUT GET OVER YOUR SELF ITS A WEB SITE

So your not allowed to post semi naked images on a forum, the worlds about to end !!

I can see this being, just another, post after post of nothing...yawn.