Gauging Interest On Lurcher Article

I am into amatuer photo journalism and am interested in writing an article in disbanding the lurchers bad name so that joe blogs doesn't associate every lurcher owner as a knob who is only interested in killing small defenseless bunnies and that every lurcher/sighthound as a vicous dog that is only interested in killing everything am in the Somerset area if anyone thinks its a good idea let me know

ATB

Tom

Only met a couple of farmers who are for lurchers tbh the rest want you know where near and alot of old folk round my village and surrounding villages see it as the old way what works other than that the rest think we are a set of heathens just out to kill everything in plain sight witch is total shite as we all know

It's the young chavies who give it a bad name, flying around fields in jeeps slipping on anything they can find..

In my village I'm yet to find someone who doesn't think lurchers and their owners are trouble!!!

Plenty of old'uns drive the fields where they shouldn't be and cause destruction. Why is it the young ones?

Some young ones walk the fields one man and their dog and people don't know they've been on.

With my crewcut hair style and my pair of lurchers by my side i get get looked upon at times as if im a alien from outer space but thats life, the fact is ive never been in trouble with police ever with only a parking ticket to my name,

With my crewcut hair style and my pair of lurchers by my side i get get looked upon at times as if im a alien from outer space but thats life, the fact is ive never been in trouble with police ever with only a parking ticket to my name,

If you want the permission leave the dogs at home mate ;) All my dogs (differing breeds) were trained to an exceptionally high standard yet I never took them when ASKING for perm, only after I got it so they could meet the Gaffer.

most farmers i have met would be more than happy to shoot any lurcher they see on there land, sad but true .

as for just walking about where i live most people come over and smooth the dog i have so not all look at lurchers as killers.

The only time I've had permission was when I had a dog with me. I asked a chap who was shooting on the land about sporting rights and he said it was all spoken for. I said something along the lines of, "OK, thanks anyway," and went on my way. He was so impressed at the behaviour of the dog that he called me back and said he was actually the farmer and gave me permission to do the ferreting...with the dog of course.

• Like 1

I am into amatuer photo journalism and am interested in writing an article in disbanding the lurchers bad name so that joe blogs doesn't associate every lurcher owner as a knob who is only interested in killing small defenseless bunnies and that every lurcher/sighthound as a vicous dog that is only interested in killing everything am in the Somerset area if anyone thinks its a good idea let me know

ATB

Tom

you sound very tricky to me ...

• Like 4

ATB

Tom

you sound very tricky to me ...
One thing we have in common mate, besides dogs of course is lack of trust lol ;)