223 50 Yard Zero?

I have an F1 chrony, if you hand load and are interested in what your turning out they are worth having. the manual figures are from test barrels in a factory and i find they are ...opertmistic to say the least.

The only thing about using a 'near zero' is that it does not show much of an error. It is, however, good for a quick check.

You can only zero accurately at true shooting distances.

Zero could be chosen by the distance that you most frequently shoot or perhaps (with reference to a trajectory graph) to whatever gives you the flattest shooting.

There are no rules. It is whatever distance suits you, your rifle and ammunition, your target or quarry.

:yes: :yes: :yes:

Edited by Deker

Ok peeps fair point, im definitely interested and I love shooting with homeloads especially foxes! Its a gay cliché but it really is like catching a trout on a fly I've made, anyhoo when the midland game fair comes around I'll pick a few things up and try again, struggling to get powder at the minute and 40 grain vmax tips, atb