Has Anyone Heard Of This Way

I was reading this book about hunting before guns and when it came to sighounds one way they did was to set up over a food source or a watering hole and let the hounds loose as the game came in as anyone heard of this or did it and how well would it work

I was reading this book about hunting before guns and when it came to sighounds one way they did was to set up over a food source or a watering hole and let the hounds loose as the game came in as anyone heard of this or did it and how well would it work

I once read a book similar to yours, bout a Welsh bloke who lamped a whole load of foxes as they came to feed on a farm midden pile. Nailed 3 or 4 most night's, so the book said. In the snow too. The action must have been fast and furious as he was rarely photographed wearing a coat. Though it must have been cold, them foxes looked stiff as boards. All done with a 'ol mottled marked cur cross. If I could just remember that books title.... :hmm:

:laugh:

I once read a book similar to yours, bout a Welsh bloke who lamped a whole load of foxes as they came to feed on a farm midden pile. Nailed 3 or 4 most night's, so the book said. In the snow too. The action must have been fast and furious as he was rarely photographed wearing a coat. Though it must have been cold, them foxes looked stiff as boards. All done with a 'ol mottled marked cur cross. If I could just remember that books title.... :hmm:

Don't you know,.that kind of loose talk is akin to high treason,..how very, very dareth you... :laugh:

• Like 3

LOL, I remember that well.

Two foot of snow and he in his slippers, the start of a legacy.

I once read a book similar to yours, bout a Welsh bloke who lamped a whole load of foxes as they came to feed on a farm midden pile. Nailed 3 or 4 most night's, so the book said. In the snow too. The action must have been fast and furious as he was rarely photographed wearing a coat. Though it must have been cold, them foxes looked stiff as boards. All done with a 'ol mottled marked cur cross. If I could just remember that books title.... :hmm

:In some of the pics he had slip on shoes on........lol

• Like 1

:laugh: wouldn't he of been some craic on the internet

• Like 2

:laugh: wouldn't he of been some craic on the internet

Ooo great shout,,,,,that would a great fun

• Like 1

I suppose it sort of could work, i've been out lamping and come across them feeding on dead sheep etc.

Also, I used to throw all of the dead poults in the same field every day (for another purpose) and at night would often see them mooching across it.

And I guess if you lived in a real hot country, perhaps a watering point wouldn't be a bad place to stake out, pre lamping???