The Best Dog I Have Ever Had

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been unhappy with all my dogs at one point or another. but have always given them the benefit of the doubt and ended up very happy with all of them.   Each was different, each had their own s

if someone asked me the best dog I`d ever owned I`d say all of them they`ve all served there purpose and earned there snap and bed are mine better than yours who gives a fook they do for me they don't

Good dogs are born, great dogs are made.

Posted Images

dogs mean many different things to many people, all my dogs are special too me personally, I would not sell ort swap them even for ones that are much better cos they would not be mine, I like my own as they a reflection of what I have learned and the efforts I put in, if they wrong un's then maybe IM unlucky or simply did not know enough to get the very best out of them, but as long as I enjoy them then that is all that ever matters to me,

To be fair the one I enjoyed the most thus far has been my little beddy x grey lamper she had more down sides all of which where likely down to me over facing her, but she never gave less than the desired 100% to me that's a real un one that tries its heart out despite its limitations which lets face it bar the chosen few they all have, enjoy em boys whilst they there

• Like 1

I have had some decent, dogs in the past, each one had some thing to give, ((( and some not so good, but patience is a virtue, in my young days I wanted

instant coffee, push the button, and it was made, but dogs dont work that way, from the time you get your pup, the schooling begins, Bonding, making that bond,

simple commands, recall, and so on, and when your young and inexperienced, you thing your young sappling, at 12 months should be able to do his job, and do it like a champion, but again he/or she, is only learning there craft, balance, strike, running clever, by boxing in, keeping his quarry of the hedges, and able to change the gears, A fast dog able to run slow, and vice-aversa, (((( my dogs were for the daytime, A very clever wee bitch I had back in the early 70s Tinker,

what a clever bitch, Collie/whippet x greyhound, stood 23" red fawn, hunt a field as good as any springer spaniel, and carry her quarry back to Hand or the back of the van, (((( Turbo Sam, thats the name the boys put on him, the stuff he put away, was something special, ((( in those days there was plenty to go at, Lucky,

3/4 grey1/4 deerhound 28" he was a bit special, tailored made for Hare, deer, pick a rabbit up without breaking his stride, and carry back to hand, and too the present my Fawn dog, and my wee black bitch, both Saluki/grey/whippet breeding, both are able to do there job, the main factor is they please myself, they give me pleasure, and its still nice to see a good dog work, and do it well,

• Like 3

My first dog I bought as an adult,riddled with faults tbh,

But the nicest bitch you could ever own.

ripped rabbits to bits,had to prise her jaws open to get them off her

Always ran into things ,but would give her all on anything with teeth but wasn't really strong enough lol,most loyal dog I have know,but WAS the best I ever owned lol.

Was stolen out the yard,was gutted at the time.

Would have liked her from a pup always wonder what she would have been like with proper training.

Looking back she was shite lol

• Like 1

What defines "the best dog"?? You hear of these big fancy saluki coursing dogs that the owner swears is the best dog ever to walk the earth, but to a man that that goes ferreting in the woods his small lurcher is the best dog! IMO it is down to the ground you work and the game you hunt

I bench mark mine by how much pleasure they give me in some ways they all stand shoulder to shoulder cos ive enjoyed em all but the beddy grey was just special even after she jacked on certain quarry, notbover faced just a bad experienced I never thlught any less of her cos she was only ever gunna be a rabbiter shebjustbhad other ideas, smashing bitch wont ever own another cos she could never be replaced lol

The old girl I got now is best dog iv had and my uncle thinks shes one the best dogs hes had in our kennels exepct his old dog flash ! But my little blue bitch is coming on extremely well she wont be as strong as the old girl but is alot more keen to go fine her quarry and theres nothing more that I love to watch the old lurchers taking a line and hunting down there quarry

You cannot put in whats not there, with any animal. Yes you can train them, give them a lot of experience and opportunities, keep them fit to give them the edge, its whats in its genetic makeup, blood, body and brain, ifs its to become something special.

To be honest the amount of people that have the best dog is scary, everyone gets attached to there own and it becomes better, a bit like people and there kids..but some take it a bit too far, like them certain shockers on the x-factort and there parents are shouting there superstars, you wait and see.. lol

Anyone with any sense and experience, will see an animal work and know its different, theres lots with good workers and modest about it, there lots with good workers and shout about it, its when you get something special and an owner that knows it and doesn't shout from the roof tops, the modest person with something special..now thats a rarity.

Theres far too many with dogs, guns, whatever, where it becomes competitive, its takes the whole fun out of it.. Best to just enjoy your dogs for what they are, to some there just dogs, to others there friends..as long as your happy and the dog...what more can anyone ask..

Kids will always says its the best dog they have ever seen, its when they get older, see a bit more, some click, others just keep on having the best of everything through life...in there own head..theres plenty of them all over..

Anyway...I need to pull my head out my arse, I've been on nights and changing back into day mode is no fun :laugh:

You cannot put in whats not there, with any animal. Yes you can train them, give them a lot of experience and opportunities, keep them fit to give them the edge, its whats in its genetic makeup, blood, body and brain, ifs its to become something special.

To be honest the amount of people that have the best dog is scary, everyone gets attached to there own and it becomes better, a bit like people and there kids..but some take it a bit too far, like them certain shockers on the x-factort and there parents are shouting there superstars.. lol

Anyone with any sense and experience, will see an animal work and know its different, theres lots with good workers and modest about it, there lots with good workers and shout about it, its when you get something special and an owner that knows it and doesn't shout from the roof tops, the modest person with something special..a rarity.

Theres far too many with dogs, guns, whatever, where it becomes competitive, its takes the whole fun out of it.. Best to just enjoy your dogs for what they are, to some there just dogs, to others there friends..as long as your happy and the dog...what more can anyone ask..

Kids will always says its the best dog they have ever seen, its when they get older, see a bit more, some click, others just keep on having the best of everything through life...in there own head..theres plenty of them all over..

Anyway...I need to pull my head out my arse, I've been on nights and changing back into day mode is no fun :laugh:

have you got a spare tenner :laugh::laugh:

Mine are far from the best iv seen !! Most the guys iv been out with got better dogs than me but the main thing is I enjoy mine and dont get stressed out if they are having a off day got remember dogs not robots

• Like 1