The Best Dog I Have Ever Had

Your first dog maybe the best you have had But the next should be better or the same.. i know we put time and effort into our first pooch but why can't we do the same with each new dog we get..regarding the breeding as i allway's put 100% into each dog i have owned.. and all have turned out the best dog i have owned.. :whistling:

That will be out of 5 Lurcher's over a 20+ yr period by the way..

The plane and simple fact i have wrote this shite is because i'm sick of seeing children say this is the best dog i have ever had or seen..

I don't have the best dog i have ever owned and i never will.. they are all good for something..

Experienced Owld timer's fire away.. :D

• Like 4

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been unhappy with all my dogs at one point or another. but have always given them the benefit of the doubt and ended up very happy with all of them.   Each was different, each had their own s

if someone asked me the best dog I`d ever owned I`d say all of them they`ve all served there purpose and earned there snap and bed are mine better than yours who gives a fook they do for me they don't

Good dogs are born, great dogs are made.

Posted Images

if someone asked me the best dog I`d ever owned I`d say all of them they`ve all served there purpose and earned there snap and bed are mine better than yours who gives a fook they do for me they don't have to please anyone else ..

Edited by the_stig
  • Like 7

I have been unhappy with all my dogs at one point or another. but have always given them the benefit of the doubt and ended up very happy with all of them.

Each was different, each had their own strengths it was up to me to play to their strengths and to get the best out of them. For some I did, others I let down, but that was my fault, not theirs.

TC

• Like 8

Best meaning working ability...While I think you can give 100% to get the best out of each dog, I think great dogs are born, not made by their owner.

I know I made a lot of mistakes with my first dog (and learned a great deal), but thankfully none of which have affected either of us that much to bother me...Yet!

So I can use what I have learned so far to get more potential out of my new pup....... But they either have it or they don't, IMO...So I bought the best bred pup I could... :thumbs:

Could be a good thread this...

• Like 1

The best dog I ever had taught me more about hunting than any man ever could a good dog makes it look easy and all you have to dog is put the game in front of him and it will do the rest you are just a lucky spectator

• Like 5

im all fluffy and lovely and on THL ffs fannys...........................................

I Don't want to be or mean argumentative but why call folk Fannies

im all fluffy and lovely and on THL ffs fannys...........................................

I Don't want to be or mean argumentative but why call folk Fannies

because what a shit topic lol....pick ur words

• Like 1

well prob put more effort in to a colliex grey Blaze I had in the 80s, than any dog ive had I think. Bryn my collie x grey, seemed to just do things easy and natural. But I think my young dog now Buck 1x gsd xgrey is prob my best dog he more of a alrounder he handles what ever you put him on. :thumbs:

What I think I meant was, they have to have that potential there in the first place to be "great". Some people will be better at getting the best out of each animal no doubt.

But I think some dogs are more naturally talented than others....

I don't necessarily think each dog you get will be better than the last....you may just get better at getting the most out of each dog though...

• Like 1