" Chain " ~ The Heeling Process Begins!

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Guest Ditch_Shitter

I am SO f*cking delighted!!! :yahoo:

Ok. Ultra swift resume, for anyone who's newer here and so won't have a clue what I'm about to go on about: I'm a Pest Controller and one of my clients asked me to fetch my rifle when I next visited his farm. Purpose? To shoot his Dog, which had broken free from her desrisory security and killed his goat.

This Dog had no name. She was tethered to a chain, 24 / 7, without a stick of shelter, in a field. Her mission? To bark and appear fierce :( Needless to say, I brought her home and now she's safe, happy and called " Chain ".

Anyway ..... Chain's an immensley powerful young Dog and I'm a skinny old man. First thing she did was drag me, flat on my face and bodily, across my compound! I knew she needed to learn basic OB (Obediance). Fat chance of finding 'Puppy Classes' in this neck of the woods, so I contacted Jon N. Professional Trainer of Dogs that the vastest majority of us here would shit ourselves on the sight of. Dogs trained to take down the Real 'Bad Man' ~ and thus Dogs whose control and manners Must be unimpeachable at all times. Friend of mine now based in US and a man I openly refer to as " GOD " before his peers :yes:

I've spoken to Jon quite enough in the past to have gotten a basic grip on his main tennets. Now I asked him what to do with Chain. And this is a man who has been independently witnessed to have been handed a street corner APBT without a shred of discipline to its name, and had it going through it's Basic OB paces inside Fifteen Minutes! The guy who took on another Rottie bitch who'd been chained in a scrap yard for so long, the steel check chain had imbedded in her neck and the skin mostly grown over it! That Dog was SO full of fear and hate it was unbelievable. Few months with Jon and people were rolling about on the ground with her. The man Is God!

And, following Jon's advice to the word, last night I put the lead on Chain and opened my door. Fifteen minutes later, we came back in. Me, heart pumping with what she'd achieved. Tonight? Another ten, fifteen minutes of training her to 'Heel'. And, I swear to god, without a sharp word, a hot dog sausage or a Clicker in sight, I spent Most of that fifteen minutes simply walking and wheeling Chain around the compound. Me relaxed. Her walking Always within a foot or two of my thigh! And this the Dog that, three nights ago, would tear out that door so fast I'd learned to grab the gate post as she dragged me past it, just to stay on my feet! :icon_eek:

Tonight, second miniscule session of the first OB training she's ever had in her life, and Chain was walking with me; Not charging all over and Dragging me!

Impressed? Delighted? Ye bet ye sweet arse I am!!! My mate, Jon N. The man Is GOD! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Ok. Ultra swift resume, for anyone who's newer here and so won't have a clue what I'm about to go on about: I'm a Pest Controller and one of my clients asked me to fetch my rifle when I next visited his farm. Purpose? To shoot his Dog, which had broken free from her desrisory security and killed his goat.

This Dog had no name. She was tethered to a chain, 24 / 7, without a stick of shelter, in a field. Her mission? To bark and appear fierce :( Needless to say, I brought her home and now she's safe, happy and called " Chain ".

Anyway ..... Chain's an immensley powerful young Dog and I'm a skinny old man. First thing she did was drag me, flat on my face and bodily, across my compound! I knew she needed to learn basic OB (Obediance). Fat chance of finding 'Puppy Classes' in this neck of the woods, so I contacted Jon N. Professional Trainer of Dogs that the vastest majority of us here would shit ourselves on the sight of. Dogs trained to take down the Real 'Bad Man' ~ and thus Dogs whose control and manners Must be unimpeachable at all times. Friend of mine now based in US and a man I openly refer to as " GOD " before his peers :yes:

I've spoken to Jon quite enough in the past to have gotten a basic grip on his main tennets. Now I asked him what to do with Chain. And this is a man who has been independently witnessed to have been handed a street corner APBT without a shred of discipline to its name, and had it going through it's Basic OB paces inside Fifteen Minutes! The guy who took on another Rottie bitch who'd been chained in a scrap yard for so long, the steel check chain had imbedded in her neck and the skin mostly grown over it! That Dog was SO full of fear and hate it was unbelievable. Few months with Jon and people were rolling about on the ground with her. The man Is God!

And, following Jon's advice to the word, last night I put the lead on Chain and opened my door. Fifteen minutes later, we came back in. Me, heart pumping with what she'd achieved. Tonight? Another ten, fifteen minutes of training her to 'Heel'. And, I swear to god, without a sharp word, a hot dog sausage or a Clicker in sight, I spent Most of that fifteen minutes simply walking and wheeling Chain around the compound. Me relaxed. Her walking Always within a foot or two of my thigh! And this the Dog that, three nights ago, would tear out that door so fast I'd learned to grab the gate post as she dragged me past it, just to stay on my feet! :icon_eek:

Tonight, second miniscule session of the first OB training she's ever had in her life, and Chain was walking with me; Not charging all over and Dragging me!

Impressed? Delighted? Ye bet ye sweet arse I am!!! My mate, Jon N. The man Is GOD! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

I hope you didn't tell John N what a forgetful old f****r I am Ditch!!! You got a PM mate. :icon_redface:

Impressed? Delighted? Ye bet ye sweet arse I am!!! My mate, Jon N. The man Is GOD! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

AAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW Ditch, you've a Rottie, you never look back :no: and she's called Chain :thumbs: , we took on a ten month old Rottie, "Graf", he'd been starved, abused and neglected by his previous owner/s :censored: :censored:

When he came to us his ribs and shoulders were sticking through his skin and he'd never seen anything but a concrete yard with a feckin' high wall.

I remember the pain he went through with sore pads as he realised he had the freedom of our gaff :wallbash: , never known anything like it, he had never seen dew on grass and would spend ages licking the grass and the gratitude he shows towards us every single day .......words fail me B)

Nothing like seeing two Rotties, a Shar Pei, a Bull Cross and a Spaniel, sitting waiting for our seven year old daughter to feed them and all nudging her afterwards as if to say "thank you" B)

Ditch, I take my hat off to ya and wish you and Chain happiness.............Al :thumbs:

Here's Graf

post-4503-1192087305_thumb.jpg

Edited by mad al