Oh Dear, Oh Dear, Please Help! Big Scope Issue!

Wow bet you sh#t yourself when you did that

Shouldn't really need a shim in it if was a new scope I got the taipan 6-24x56 has so much adjustment would need a bent barrel to Need a shim

But anyways least it fine eh

I think a little bit of poo did come out! haha

I'm confused...so why do you zero at 24x and shoot at 10-12x? :hmm: :hmm:

The Zero on 24x will still be on zero if it's 10-12x mag. It just means that I'm still perfectly zeroed for anything between 10x and 24x too. So if it's a very tight shot, and I need better magnification, I will increase the mag as required.

We all have ways of doing things but that seems a little strange to me, why zero at a magnification you seldom shoot at, the norm is to zero at the mag you most use and the distance you most shoot at.

It should still be zeroed all through the range if you zero at 1x mag or 30x mag.

The higher the magnification the bigger the perceived shake and harder to hold still/zero.

ATB! :thumbs:

• Like 1

If it's possible, It's always a good idea to butt the mounts up together on the dovetail to see if they align perfectly before setting up with the scope .If you zero on high mag and then change the mag to hunt on, then its a good idea to recheck the zero. I have a couple of scopes where the zero moves up and down as the mag changes. Not a lot, but enough. ;)

Edited by stillair1
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I was just going to pop on here and say that I'm happy as can be, holding a zero like a boss!

Granted there were a few adjustments required, e.g. for wind and distance! haha.

Was shooting some small spinners in the garden late yesterday, 8 for 8 on target!!!

That's a shame you fixed it I'm after an Ultra :laugh:;) ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I sold my Ultra to my friends lad (the farmer of my favourite permission's son). Felt really ditached from the shooting experience. Beautiful gun though. If I was pro pest controller or competing, I'd go back to PCP. But after trying out the cheap springer (yes it's a crappy Gamo, but it's so much fun!) I just couldn't click back with the PCP it doesn't feel...right. The accuracy was there, the zero was easy to hold, and it was a great pest controller. The problem is, the skill required at the ranges I was shooting at was...pretty much zero. The shots were there, hitting spinners, taking out rats and all that, but the bad habits picked up from loads of ratting stayed with me and I was no more skilled than my wife, my mum, my nan, or anyone else with a steady hand. The learning curve was flat.

Now that I'm on a springer (I still use my little Crosman 2250 CO2 for ratting) I'm having so much fun and the challenge is so much more...which is why I'm enjoying it, even when I'm not bringing back anything.

With the springer thought...loving it. I should have put it up on here really, but