How To Get Permissions

• 2 months later...

great post , have read a lot of people saying the only way ta get permissions is door knocking . been shooting for over 20 years and not being the most confident salesman i have never tried knocking doors i got one permission through a relation and one by sending out letters over 60 went out, tried emailing and letters all the time with no other permissions coming and with losing one permission last year i was getting pissed off with one permission that was not very good. i decided last week to take the bull by the horns and make a list of places to go and knock, one week later i have 3 new permissions :yes: , i dont think you can beat knocking doors sure you will get knock backs but you only need a couple to say yes ,

• Like 1

Here in the U.S. it always helps to play up the fact that (if it is true) you have a child whom you want to get involved in hunting. I currently don't let anyone but family or close friends deer hunt on my land. But if someone brings up the fact that they have a child that they want to get involved in hunting, it is very hard to say no. In fact, I never had said no under those circumstances. But that just two cents worth from a Yank.

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...

One of my permissions has just had a footpath put through it, so I got on the phone. Six phone calls made, last one the Farmer was out but his wife gave me the number of a friend of hers that has a rabbit problem and would like someone to sort it out, turns out the next door neighbour to her wants the rabbits sorting out too, then the Farmer got in contact and gave me permission on part of his land, a mere 92 acres....

I dont know if this works but my girlfriend who uses facebook ( i dont ) has told me on lots of the horse groups , animal pages that people have been putting themselves forward looking for shooting permission and some horsey people have taken them on to clear rabbits etc . People more facebook savvy might be able to use this type of idea to their advantage . The one thing i would say is make sure your account isnt full of stupid crap like most ive seen . Nobody wants a idiot roaming their land