Boar Hunting

Joe's Dace is a collie X, that's why he's worried, His dog is smart enough to know when it's out matched. Us point and shoot bull X boys should be fine!! lol!

That's what I'm hoping once she see's them running and with a bit of encouragement she'll twig on their ok to chase.

Has a replacement been found for edrd yet?

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Battida Hunts, Aragon, Spain January 2015 November 2015        

Biglurks - For the majority of the time, most of the lurchers were off the slip.   I'm being very honest in saying that I doubt many on here would have managed better, given the conditions etc. Ever

Just to add some details.   We have decided no guns will be present, as the days are focused on the dogs. The days will be run like training days, and would suit folk who would like to get their hu

Posted Images

Is that to me matey? I know Joe and Dace well. Dace I think will surprise, he's keen enough and got all the bits in all the right places. But he's relatively inexperienced on larger game.

Glad you're coming along, i'm a bit gutted that a few have dropped out. I'd like to have seen edrds big dog go, when I met him he looked a very handy animal.

I'm a bit gutted with regards to Gwen, and as i'd always intended to bring and focus upon her, I never got any of the others passported. I'd never bring Finn as he would get stuck in and most likely hurt. He's upstairs recovering from today, almost lost an eye today, but came away with a couple of extra holes in his face instead.

I thought Bree would be too young and immature, but of late i'm really kicking myself that I didn't get her ready to travel, she has blossomed into a fair lump of an animal, just over 25" tts and somewhere around 27 kilos, maybe more now.

But hey ho, fingers crossed Gwen doesn't come into heat, and even if so, i'm sure we will get moving whats there. Just need someone to stop a pig long enough for the wee dogs to get there. And unless it's a big old tusker or sow, anything 50 kilo or less should be fine.

Edited to add - i've thought of that, but to be honest, I don't want to risk messing with her. I'd like a pup from her when she is an old lady. Fingers crossed she can come, need to get her out behind the quad, she is unfit and underworked at the moment as I've been mostly lamping recently.

Edited by Ideation

Joe's Dace is a collie X, that's why he's worried, His dog is smart enough to know when it's out matched. Us point and shoot bull X boys should be fine!! lol!

That's what I'm hoping once she see's them running and with a bit of encouragement she'll twig on their ok to chase.

Has a replacement been found for edrd yet?

not hunted wild boar my self , but dogs been pack animals they will run any quarry when in a pack. and if you got a tough dog who knows this quarry , you can bet the others will go in with it on the attack once he or she strikes 1st :yes: . Bryn my collie x grey , not keen on old Charlie etc lol him self, but fook me if another dog goes in 1st, he will hit them like a train lol. dogs will do the same on all quarry , it only needs one to start :thumbs:

• Like 2

Like I said I wish my old girl xena was a few years younger think we would of had some fun ! Same as my dog duke Iv give him to a terrier man and I couldn't ask for him back to go it's bit wrong both would of got stuck in being needed if bumped into them before aswell !! My busher jack will hunt them and think he will grab holed haha I'm

Sorry but my blue bitch sky is a little light and hurting her on them would ruin my season just not worth it

Lads don't worry about there not being enough catch dogs me and my mate are bringing two big strong bull x dogs and I'm confident they won't let us down. (if they do I have already prepared a list of bullshit excuses) no honestly I think they will do the job. Also if anyone is struggling for room with dogs or equipment I'm taking a van and have loads of spare room in the back just let me know.

• Like 2

I might be coming down with Lee now, as my passengers have dropped out and it would cost me a lot to take a vehicle on my own... a shame I already booked the tunnel, maybe they refund lol

Yes Im already drooling about those fresh fried boar heart, liver and egg breakfasts we will surely be feasting on soon! If we have to settle for rabbit (or fox lol) then we know something went wrong :D

• Like 1

Thanks Joe I will give them a bell in the morning!

OK, looks like the last week in October!! Hunting 28th/29th.

The only slight problems, if you can call them that, is that if the corn is cut late, the boar will be down the fields chomping on corn. But, if its harvested, there could be plenty of game in the woods being so early in the season. Also, it could be warm during the day, and its a windy, rocky, dry place, all making scenting conditions less than favourable. (But... I was there mid-day in the height of summer and the dogs hunted a fox to a kill in a wee gully. Nothings certain. Either way Im sure the dogs will see enough game to keep us all on our toes!

• Like 1