Boar Hunting

Fitchet, the trip was available to any breeds or crosses and was initially started to give folk the opportunity to introduce their dogs to boar driving.

Folks, I might not get online much over the next few weeks, heading back to the hills today. Good luck with the preparations.

DnN

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Battida Hunts, Aragon, Spain January 2015 November 2015        

Biglurks - For the majority of the time, most of the lurchers were off the slip.   I'm being very honest in saying that I doubt many on here would have managed better, given the conditions etc. Ever

Just to add some details.   We have decided no guns will be present, as the days are focused on the dogs. The days will be run like training days, and would suit folk who would like to get their hu

Posted Images

why would you need a breast plate on such small dogs they do tend to be battered away like a tennis ball. Its the bigger dogs that have the weight and have to absorb the big hits that need the protection. smaller dogs are better off being able to dash and dart around and breast plates are to restrictive and slow them down to much.

Edited by stevemac
  • Like 2

I think we are all agreed on that Steve, but in Gecko's case, the dog always holds the face and could easily suffer, ive seen her in action, shes suicidal, literally in the boars mouth sometimes lol. And as this isnt the dogs normal line of work, just a holiday really why not take a bit of stress out the equation leaving you to enjoy working the dogs with more peace of mind. Im not putting folk off wanting to protect their dogs, its their call.

The other lads all have bigger dogs :thumbs:

• Like 1

ya good hunting fellas, but pig hunting is a tough business and it is much more and vantages to teach a dog where to hang than just hoping for the best. My best dog will always bite the nuts to stop a boar then as he sits its straight on the ear and laid up the side out of the way.

I always thought that European boar hunting was done with slow dogs to drive the boar to the guns and dogs that will lug up were frowned on but that's just based on what I read.

and it is much more and vantages to teach a dog where to hang than just hoping for the best. My best dog will always bite the nuts

Im more than slightly curious as to how you train a dog to bite balls? Steve lol

A patient pig and lots of peanut butter! What dates are we looking at for the trip DnN? Either early Oct/Nov or late Dec/Jan would be best for me. You've met my missus, anything too close to the wedding is not a possibility.