Boar Hunting

re dog passports you will need to get your dog jabbed for rabies atleast 21 days before you leave the UK its no big deal a vet can issue the passport there and then the dog will need tick treatment and worming either side of your trip but as i said its no big deal these days

No flea treatment needed, and wormer only needed prior to returning.

We will all be visiting a vet while away, to administer wormer and stamp passport, this can be done any time between 1 and 5 days prior to returning....

folk can stop at any vet on the way down and get the wormer/passport sorted before the hunting even starts

DnN

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Battida Hunts, Aragon, Spain January 2015 November 2015        

Biglurks - For the majority of the time, most of the lurchers were off the slip.   I'm being very honest in saying that I doubt many on here would have managed better, given the conditions etc. Ever

Just to add some details.   We have decided no guns will be present, as the days are focused on the dogs. The days will be run like training days, and would suit folk who would like to get their hu

Posted Images

re dog passports you will need to get your dog jabbed for rabies atleast 21 days before you leave the UK its no big deal a vet can issue the passport there and then the dog will need tick treatment and worming either side of your trip but as i said its no big deal these days

We will all be visiting a vet while away, to administer wormer and stamp passport, this can be done any time between 1 and 5 days prior to returning....

folk can stop at any vet on the way down and get the wormer/passport sorted before the hunting even starts

DnN

From bitter experience I suggest all get their dogs' microchipped 21 days before the trip as well.

• Like 1

DnN

From bitter experience I suggest all get their dogs' microchipped 21 days before the trip as well.

Or get existing chips checked prior to travel?

• Like 1

DnN

Or get existing chips checked prior to travel?

Sorry mate that is what I meant to say. Its been a long night...

• Like 1

I think iv done everyone in my familys head in already talking about this trip !!

I heard your a right Boar .................................. :laugh:

I couldn't help myself :icon_redface:

• Like 3

I was going to chuck a few pig related puns out there but that's just not my STY. :D

:icon_redface::icon_redface: ...................Right that's it I'm off to feed the hounds it'll only go down hill from here :D:thumbs:

There are others who will want to join the order, I will pm them now mate. could you tell me exactly what measurements they need to get...

Just spoke to a guy at hardcore hog dogs, very helpful runs a 1/2 grey cross also.....anyway said we could save lots on shipping and he'd mark down values for us for tax purposes (i know it's a bit Gary Barlow) anyway Im going to get either a bay vest or a strike vest the only difference is length the latter gives less belly protection but the dog will be cooler in it. ????

For the catch dogs there's other options although he said he runs his in the two i've mentioned he also said the rcd vest is also super light too.

Anyone interested?

http://www.hardcorehogdogs.com/Cut_Gear.html

I will pm the rest of them that want cut vests

Just a note, if you have a dog with big shoulders, make sure you tell him to make the leg holes wider than usual