Boar Hunting

A german company makes these full suit kevlar vests.... i hear they are superb protection, and last years... but they look like the dog may get hot easy.... might try one on one of my terriers this season, though in general terriers and small dogs should be ok, its the bigger dogs that get bad cuts usually.

http://www.jagdwelt24.com/alles-fur-den-hund/hundeweste-kevlar-hubertus.html

DnN

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Battida Hunts, Aragon, Spain January 2015 November 2015        

Biglurks - For the majority of the time, most of the lurchers were off the slip.   I'm being very honest in saying that I doubt many on here would have managed better, given the conditions etc. Ever

Just to add some details.   We have decided no guns will be present, as the days are focused on the dogs. The days will be run like training days, and would suit folk who would like to get their hu

Posted Images

At first I thought........................ NO CHANCE .

But after reading on it could be an interesting day or two. The only problem is my lot rioting on boar would be a pain in the backside until my weaners are in the freezer. :D:yes:

• Like 1

I've been looking at the American/Australian 'HOG DOG CUT VESTS!' Some nice kit even though it might look somewhat cumbersome on anything less than a bull x. If anyone is kitting up might be worth sharing tax n postage?

My terriers will just be in their collars but thinking about a breast plate for the beddy whippet. What you getting and where are you? I'm in Glos.

When i was a fit testosterone fuelled sapling my main hunting focus was on Bunny,s,Hares and Beer and Beaver,chasing Pigs was only done as a last resort when the alcohol inhibited the senses and the pigs looked like Kate Moss with bigger appendages.

• Like 5

Gecko, You, Me, Joe777 and Wales12345 are all in the same area, and DN has mentioned another friend of ours who might be up for it.

So i'm sure we can sort something r.e plates, transport etc.

Gecko, You, Me, Joe777 and Wales12345 are all in the same area, and DN has mentioned another friend of ours who might be up for it.

So i'm sure we can sort something r.e plates, transport etc.

Yeah I reckon so mate. Drop me a PM with your number and we will have a chat later in the week.

bit expensive these vests for 2 days boar hunting. if your dog is not too sharp i should try it without any vest.

i have one of these vests from Germany but when these wont fit really well because all dogs have different lengths of back, neck and shape of chest. in Germany they also make the vests on size of the dogs and suit a lot better.

i dont know were you guys are going to hunt, the boars are dangerous but dont forget when letting your terriërs loose they can find more than just boar and your terriërs can crawl in undiggable badger setts all together. know a men who lost 3 dogs in one day because of this last season.

bit expensive these vests for 2 days boar hunting. if your dog is not too sharp i should try it without any vest.

i have one of these vests from Germany but when these wont fit really well because all dogs have different lengths of back, neck and shape of chest. in Germany they also make the vests on size of the dogs and suit a lot better.

i dont know were you guys are going to hunt, the boars are dangerous but dont forget when letting your terriërs loose they can find more than just boar and your terriërs can crawl in undiggable badger setts all together. know a men who lost 3 dogs in one day because of this last season.

Cheers for the input Jach

Could you put up any links to websites, for the vests?

As far as I know, there is only UG bringing terriers and they are experienced in this sort of thing. The rest of the bushing dogs, I presume are trusted not to go to ground.

Good Hunting

DnN

Edited by dogs-n-natives

Cheers buddy,

Also, you guys that are thinking of putting in an order might want to call Charles from Aus, his gear is very well made.....

Let me know and I can give him a buzz, as I got an international free calls deal thingy... just get me the number of dogs that need plates and Il ask if he can sort us out. Then we can get back to him with the dogs measurements. check out his gear though its tough and folk seem to love putting their dogs in it. https://www.(!64.56:886/pages/Grunter-Plates

DnN

Edited by dogs-n-natives

re dog passports you will need to get your dog jabbed for rabies atleast 21 days before you leave the UK its no big deal a vet can issue the passport there and then the dog will need tick treatment and worming either side of your trip but as i said its no big deal these days