Boar Hunting

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Battida Hunts, Aragon, Spain January 2015 November 2015        

Biglurks - For the majority of the time, most of the lurchers were off the slip.   I'm being very honest in saying that I doubt many on here would have managed better, given the conditions etc. Ever

Just to add some details.   We have decided no guns will be present, as the days are focused on the dogs. The days will be run like training days, and would suit folk who would like to get their hu

Posted Images

Just to add some details.

We have decided no guns will be present, as the days are focused on the dogs. The days will be run like training days, and would suit folk who would like to get their hunting dogs out onto some superb rough country. Dogs that like to range out and find stuff are great in the beating line, dogs with voice are very useful, and some with colder noses will help.

There would be chances to see lots of wildlife as you and your dogs bush through the scrub, or maybe as you wait quietly ahead with a dog by your side, listening for the bushing dogs to open up and head in your direction.

This will only be going ahead if we can put together a nice team, to share costs. There will be the chance of return trips, and to other venues in other countries. Like an EU Roving dog syndicate lol

But please remember, although I will do everything I can to prepare you and your dogs for as safe a hunt as possible, you and your dogs come at your own risk, and there is obviously a real risk involved in any boar hunt. (I dont want to feel responsible if you all get sliced up)

DnN

• Like 8

do the catch dogs wear neck guards mate? Will they be provided or do we have to buy ourselves?

You will have to provide your own.

You are responsible for any and all medical treatment which may be necessary for yourself and your dogs. We will be organising the transport and hunting only. Details for the accommodation and feeding are yet to be organised, but we will keep everyone informed.

Dogs will also require in date pet passports. We will be arranging a visit to a vet before leaving Spain, but you will have to pay the cost of the worming treatment.

• Like 2

Is the pope a catholic???

Where do I sign up big man???

Me and Wales 12345678910 can bring a pair of hound x's if that's any good to you?

How quickly can I get a passport? How long have I got???

Edited by Ideation

Is the pope a catholic???

Where do I sign up big man???

Me and Wales 12345678910 can bring a pair of hound x's if that's any good to you?

How quickly can I get a passport? How long have I got???

Sounds good mate. I'm assuming you mean passport for the dogs? That can be gotten in a day. The dog must have its rabies jab at least 21 days before we return to the UK.

DnN is doing a recce in the next month or so, but the actual trip is going to be at some point between Nov - Jan.

You can bring what ever dogs you want, but I would love to see those hound crosses work.

roughly how much would be needed?

I'm not sure yet. I'm putting together the travel plans and will come up with a rough budget. At the minute, the plan is to get the ferry from southern England to Spain direct. I'll post my news on this thread.

• Like 3

Ok, firstly, theres no panic, Im visiting the landowner to get final details and have a look around... July/August.

Dog passports...cost at my local vet is about 60 quid. And takes about 3 weeks to complete after the initial rabies jab/microchip.

Might be worth checking at your vets in the mean time... another thing to look into, is cut vests or collars for your dogs if you think they might need it, or just for peace of mind...there are a couple of European companies that make them, but they are like full suit tyoe things, and I reckon overheating would be a real issue. I get mine from either the USA or Aus... look at Grunter Plates, Ebay.au, Ugly Dog USA, Bayhead Cutvest, Ebay usa etc

The names are building up nicely, so hopefully price will be kept down. And it looks like there are folk from similar regions so it might make sense to join in with folk close by and chip in fuel costs using someones vehicle and taking the channel tunnel, which is the best way over the channel in my opinion.

I wanting a 2 day hunt... with a sleep over between and possibly the night before too. Im wanting to have a camp, im imagining spit roast hog over the fire... but folk can stay in local hotels if they wanted too.

No rush though... but its nice to see a bit of interest... so at this point, it looks promising!

DnN

• Like 2

roughly how much would be needed?

I'm not sure yet. I'm putting together the travel plans and will come up with a rough budget. At the minute, the plan is to get the ferry from southern England to Spain direct. I'll post my news on this thread.

Cheers UG, will be interesting to hear about the direct ferry