R10/hw100/daystate/aas410 - Which Gun?

Right then, basically I sold all my tackle ages ago like a tit - I'm now looking to purchase myself one of the above, I've been out of the game a while but the guns listed BSA R10 mk2 and HW100 S/T/KS or one of the cheaper daystates or the AA's pre-charged range - i'm thinking something along these lines.

I love the looks and shot capacity of the R10's - quite like the tactical as-well so would save a few bob, I know that the Weihrauch's were well liked and highly rated by some of the air rifle people on here when I used to be a regular years ago, I've also seen a few half decent Daystates but obviously the lower priced range, and I know the Air Arms s410 is meant to be a great rifle, i've shot the s400 which was lovely but i'm after something a notch above I think not that I could knock it. I used to shoot with a logun Solo so to me whatever I buy will be like a royles royce!

What are your general opinions on the guns listed and maybe I'm missing some? I've currently got about £600 but i'm willing to save up and go around £700 mark, possibly a used full set up, i'm wanting reliabilty, build quality and good rifle that I can keep forever basically.

Cheers

Lee

• Like 1

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hw100. K means karbine S means sporter stock T means thumhole stock.   I get 92 good shots from my hw100kt .22   Thats 6 mags at 14 pellets and then an extra 8 shots i use to check my zero firs

Recently had just about every gun in your wishlist. I had two R-10's over the last 18 months and regretted selling them both. Last four months I have had two MK4IS's and was underwhelmed with both but

I'm in two minds wether or not to buy this and a scope but its old technology haha, anyone shot one of these?      

Posted Images

If you can afford it go for a HW100 kt or ks if it fits you ,s410 is a very good gun but you do have a power curve unless you have it regged . Would not touch another Daystate for some time until they get there act sorted out, by sending guns out that work and powder coatings not coming off .

That's my take on it for what its worth

• Like 2

cheers, i'll avoid daystates on that, for the price you pay you'd expect better, what do you mean by power curve on the AA's? I'm leaning toward the HW's - any more info on the R10's?

I had a r10 ,great off a bipod but found not to be a very pointable gun ,so sold that got the Daystate regal ,had nothing but problems with it ,got my money back and had another HW100kt in .177 to match my HW100kt .22

Like as already been said mate you won't go far wrong with the hw 100 mate

Great rifles

But a bit if advice mate try every possible choice of the rifle if you can I was going to order the rifle off the net and always had the karbine sporter in mind but when I held it god I hated it nothing wrong with the rifle but it didn't feel right so I tried the other options and as soon as I held the full length thumbhole there was no contest it was perfect

Just have a feel of as many options as possible

Good luck

Atb Tom ;)

• Like 1

yeah i will, i think i'm going to take a trip to my local gun dealer and have a look at them first, make sure it 'fits' - i'll be looking in the used market i think, would love the thumb-hole version but possibly a bit pricey for me once I have purchased the charging equipment

• Like 1

there's a fella selling this:

HW100s .22 for sale
hawke hd sport 3x9x50mldot scopes
sling
2x 14 shot mags (.22)
filling adapter
nice hard quality bsa bag
still got owners manual and chrono certificate from hull cartridge (11.4ftlb)
very clean near new condition
£720 ono with bsa/hills stirrup pump

If it doesn't go I may be able to get it, its the 100s, like you say though I want to hold one first

A mate of mine has just bought an r10 mk2 vc and it's a lovely gun both aesthetically and to use shot count and consistency are both excellent BUT I'd still rather have my 6 year old hw100 kt it's still a better gun in every way except shot count

• Like 1

Might be closing the gate after the horse has bolted but I bought my BSA R10 mk1 for £400 including scope 3 years ago, had it for 6 months very happily, then sent it to Darrin at XTX for an X tune (£100). If you include a pump or bottle for £100 - £150, that's a better than new gun and a whole lot of awesome for bang on your £650..

no no the horse hasn't bolted, i'll be reading opinions for sure - like i say i need to go hold and have a look at a HW yet and I do like the r10's - what does the tune include and do? and moxy tell me about the rapid i'm all ears - price range etc?

Its all down to preference Lee as with anything and there is nothing wrong with any of the suggestions already put forward.

The rapid has a good shot count, consistent, well manufactured, tuned easily (provided some plonker hasn't done a pro home tune and butchered it) and if you find a good example.......well within your budget.

You could do with getting to the gun shop and having a feel of a few different types of rifle to see what fits and suits you.

yeah cool, well I had a good win on my dinner at work so my pot is now £790 - this is for scopes, bag, rifle and charging eqipmemnt whether that be bottle or pump, i'm almost in brand new price range and I'm eager! thinking a trip to Blackpool air rifles tomorrow ma be in order, another £50 should seal the deal