Fishing For Salmon And Sea Trout.

Well lads I must admit, I'm not having much luck this season on my local stretch of river.

So I thought I would start a thread to see other people's methods and tactics that's working for them?

I usually fish the worm with a running bait controller onto a hook length of 2ft with a size 2 circle hook with a big bunch of bramblings.

I've also been fishing flying c's and 5cm rapala countdowns.

What's been working for you ?

Edited by beam

Very nice fireman, unfortunately float fishing if banned on my local stretch of river.

Had a few hours down the other day but with the river being on it's arse there wasn't much to report.

Had an outstanding days fishing yesterday up at lock doine, with a few small brownies and some great weather.

post-91497-0-95484100-1401662610_thumb.jpg

Edited by beam
  • Like 3

Had a another keeper over a kilo tonight :thumbs: and put a few pounders back,but the view where i've been fishing is a million miles from that lovely place Bream.I'm at the top of a tidal stretch of a reed edged stream with the occasional road barrier or pile of bricks in it :bad: ,but it holds a few fish and tonight showed us this little run is over till the evening tide is right again but i'll take a pic next time i'm there and your'll be surprised there's anything living in it let along good sized sea trout. :victory:

Edited by fireman
  • Like 1

Good to hear fireman, I have a few more pics where you can see the full loch that I'll put up tommorow for you to have a look at.

The landscape is outstanding and the fishing wasn't to bad either.

Yis, beam.

• Like 1

Float and fat worm,just had a cracking session on them this evening :D .

P5310120.jpg

Are them top 2 sea trout mate ? can see the red spots on them, look like brown trout ? what do you think ?

Bell

ps nice fish by the way :thumbs:

The big fish had red spots on it when i first caught it but they faided after it died,if you look along the underneath of the tail you will see some black spots with a bigger white surrounding than other spots,these were the red spots mate and so i've been told the latin name is the same for both sea trout and brown trout and are the same fish but live in different surroundings.What do i think though? :hmm: ,they taste like nothing else,fight like nothing else and are all there made out to be,a cracking fish to fish for and eat :yes::victory:

• Like 1