Shooting Jackdaws

Got quite a few jackdaws about atm but I've was warned that they were difficult to shoot. Apparently they have a small brain so once when my friend shot one in the head (near the eye) it didn't die, also he said that they have strong flying muscles, tough breast bone and tough wing joints.

Are they this difficult to shoot? Where is the best place to aim for?

Got quite a few jackdaws about atm but I've was warned that they were difficult to shoot. Apparently they have a small brain so once when my friend shot one in the head (near the eye) it didn't die, also he said that they have strong flying muscles, tough breast bone and tough wing joints.

for what reason will you be shooting a jackdaw, remember you can only shoot under the terms of the general license after all conditions contained within that license have been met.

for what reason will you be shooting a jackdaw, remember you can only shoot under the terms of the general license after all conditions contained within that license have been met.

Is this the bit you tell us they don't eat eggs and chicks too..?.. lol

no :laugh:

no :laugh:

Thank f**k!!...??

Shooting them because they are nesting in the chimneys and under my roof - making holes in it!

i think you may find that you would need to prove all other methods have been tried and failed in order to meet the terms of the general license, i.e mesh ball on the chimney pots and bird proofing all access points to your roof, not trying to put you down or anything but if someone made a complaint you could get into grief very quickly,

Shooting them because they are nesting in the chimneys and under my roof - making holes in it!

i think you may find that you would need to prove all other methods have been tried and failed in order to meet the terms of the general license, i.e mesh ball on the chimney pots and bird proofing all access points to your roof, not trying to put you down or anything but if someone made a complaint you could get into grief very quickly,

What about "I don't like them stealing all the nuts and bread I put out for the garden birds".... Is that a reason??

What about "I don't like them stealing all the nuts and bread I put out for the garden birds".... Is that a reason??

i don't believe for one minute you put owt out for the birds you tight Scottish fooker :laugh::laugh:

i don't believe for one minute you put owt out for the birds you tight Scottish fooker :laugh::laugh:

I beg your pardon....I just emptied my Dyson onto the grass there so the little birds can take any bits away the night find useful for nests. ??

I beg your pardon....I just emptied my Dyson onto the grass there so the little birds can take any bits away the night find useful for nests.

do birds use haggis and tatties to line there nests :laugh:

I beg your pardon....I just emptied my Dyson onto the grass there so the little birds can take any bits away the night find useful for nests.

Only the McSparry. Bigger than the common sparrow and it kills BOPs by the hundred. Only time you'd see one is when it flys over the border to have it's daily shite....?

Only the McSparry. Bigger than the common sparrow and it kills BOPs by the hundred. Only time you'd see one is when it flys over the border to have it's daily shite....

i take it he will be voting yes then :laugh: