Lamping Or Nightvision

home made night vision is very good . a 16mm board lens screwed into a cheap security camera .the 16mm lens replaces the standard wide angle lens .a cheap small monitor .a 12 volt rechargeable battery .a good IR light that will reach out to 90 yards ,this was the most costly thing for me some years back .and some cables to join it all together .this stuff makes a great night sight for less the a 100 quid and the picture is better than a sight costing 1000s .not good on a springer .that yukon proton looks very good it looks like it can be used day and night .

as the title reads?

As your topic is in the wrong forum it has been moved.

The airgun hunting forum is as the title reads. For sharing your pictures and write ups whilst out airgun hunting.

For anything else airgun related, please use the general airgun discussion forum.

This is an automatically generated reply.

Thanks

I really like my lamping I would love to give nv a go but I don't know enough about it as what to get and it scares me money wise

the ns200 n viper and wolf quality at night pisses all over the nv units costing tripple the amount n found it pretty easy to use but just couldnt get my rangefinding right so bought the clulite shooterlite instead as was also going out with dogs but if i could have got on with it straight away would have defntly kept it without a doubt

The new NS kit works very well and on a springer too.

The picture quality even of the lowest price unit the Viper is very good and better than alot of home brews ive been informed are better than a NS units but to my eyes weren't in reality.

The truth is that NS have spent lots and lots of money in pocurement of their new kit and it contains big improvements from their earlier NS50 and NS200 so for the average tinkerer to make a better unit than them for under £100 I would say your either a electronics guru, really lucky or just haven't used the new kit yourself to see its quality.

Dont get me wrong I do believe that there is some ace home brews out there but to better a NS for under £100 im not too sure.