Anyone Know This Scum Bag

I wonder if a Alfa dog in a pack worries wether he rags a upstart taking the piss, by the neck ear shoulder etc.??

The dog showed no fear of his hands & was showing keenness to please. All dogs are different, some you just raise your voice too & they go in a sulk, others are the complete opposite & need treated differently..

Iv never known a dog that's been trained along similar lines to have any extra issues with ears compared to a dog that has been trained differently. Gundogs / trialingdogs the length & breadth of the country are trained along them lines, & I'd like to see some of the posters on here, go to a trail & point out which dogs have been trained this way & which haven't, by looking for signs of ear irritation, deafness or fear of there handler.

Simple question mate would you find it acceptable for a picker up to act that way behind the guns?personally I expect a higher level of professionalism and so do my guns :thumbs:

• Like 1

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the older ive got the more ive come to realise violence makes up for lack of knowledge ,atb mc

Well mate if you think that's being hard on a dog then fair enough. I can 100% tell you there's many a field trial champion out there that's had that and much, much worse every day.

I didn't watch the video all the way through.   Seen his like way too often, a self opinionated,. . . . . bully.. . . . . with a far inflated sense of his own ability and worth.   That dog is not

I wonder if a Alfa dog in a pack worries wether he rags a upstart taking the piss, by the neck ear shoulder etc.??

The dog showed no fear of his hands & was showing keenness to please. All dogs are different, some you just raise your voice too & they go in a sulk, others are the complete opposite & need treated differently..

Iv never known a dog that's been trained along similar lines to have any extra issues with ears compared to a dog that has been trained differently. Gundogs / trialingdogs the length & breadth of the country are trained along them lines, & I'd like to see some of the posters on here, go to a trail & point out which dogs have been trained this way & which haven't, by looking for signs of ear irritation, deafness or fear of there handler.

Simple question mate would you find it acceptable for a picker up to act that way behind the guns?personally I expect a higher level of professionalism and so do my guns :thumbs:

I'd rather my pickers up turned up with trained dogs and done the job that's asked. Who am I to tell them how to train there dog?

But you didn't answer the question lab is that behaviour acceptable behind the guns?

Probably not mate....but neither would swearing or making remarks about "shit shooting" but it happens from the beating/ picking up team.

As I've said this can be done at a training stage and if the dog is trained to a high standard then the guns should hear nothing but a few short toots of a whistle.

Infact if I was a gun I'd rather see someone scruff his dog and get it under control than watch an out of control dog or worse listen to a bloody whistle every 2 secs.....??

But you didn't answer the question lab is that behaviour acceptable behind the guns?

Probably not mate....but neither would swearing or making remarks about "shit shooting" but it happens from the beating/ picking up team.

As I've said this can be done at a training stage and if the dog is trained to a high standard then the guns should hear nothing but a few short toots of a whistle.

Infact if I was a gun I'd rather see someone scruff his dog and get it under control than watch an out of control dog or worse listen to a bloody whistle every 2 secs.....

Don't get me wrong mate I have no problem with some one scruffing a dog and reminding it of it's place but that is not what that video shows he grabs the dog by its' ears lifts it clear of the ground, shakes it then strikes the dog he does this more than once that to me is a step too far.

If he can do this on camera what are his tricks off camera?

Comments on the shooting field Lab, im always getting the pi$$ taken out of me on a shoot but that's cause I keep missing, im a walking gun and there for me dogs and give the others great entertainment

Yes just the way it should be dan, but no I wouldn't have any pickers up that needed to do ANY form of basic training with there dogs on a shoot day. Iv never seen or heard of damage being caused by these methods nor have i seen them turn hand or movement shy from it, until i do i wont berate the mans methods.. Personally I think the fact that it will be shot over for the rest of its working life will do far far more damage to it that being trained like that.. Just too add, I don't know what schools You's used to go to but the teachers thumb & fore fingers were often twisted around my ear, lol

For me the only thing that matters is , is the pup processing the information given without efffecting the working relationship further down the road

If you look at the retrieve, which is where the trainer extends his hands towards the pup again the pup reacts by prostrating itself on the floor and dropping the retrieve that to me is the seed of a growing problem of hand shyness and botched retrieving,

I want a pup running straight into my space with confidence and trust and never found that making my hands a focus for a pup negative radar the best way of accomplishing this , that would be a basic in understanding canine behaviour surely,

• Like 1

Yes just the way it should be dan, but no I wouldn't have any pickers up that needed to do ANY form of basic training with there dogs on a shoot day. Iv never seen or heard of damage being caused by these methods nor have i seen them turn hand or movement shy from it, until i do i wont berate the mans methods.. Personally I think the fact that it will be shot over for the rest of its working life will do far far more damage to it that being trained like that.. Just too add, I don't know what schools You's used to go to but the teachers thumb & fore fingers were often twisted around my ear, lol

Well mate I'll bow out at this point there is no changing my mind, should the day ever come that I need to train a dog by lifting it off the ground by it's ears shaking it then slapping it repeatedly I think I'll give the game up and consider myself a failure.

• Like 3

Just for the record and I don't think anyone else has mentioned it. The fat ear pulling dog trainer didn't actually pick the dog up literally by his ears it was more the head held either side by the ears. Again I don't condone or agree with this but I couldn't see the dog being put of by his actions.

I still don't like him though mainly because of his over active pie arm :laugh:.

Edited by leegreen

I bought a days shooting a good few years back for me and my boy as shooters on a training day with a very well known trainer. Come dinner time I'd seen enough, I said to the famous trainer "if this is spanials I'll keep to my terriers"

Shower of cruel c**ts the lot of em

• Like 1

ive not read all the comments on here but watching that vid the comments i have read are very dramatic, the dogs being repromanded its not being beat, the dogs not phased not hurt just being put in its place, and from what i see its not being picked up by its ears at all its being picked up by the scruff from both sides the ears may be in the hold but theres no weight bearing on them ears at all

• Like 3

ive not read all the comments on here but watching that vid the comments i have read are very dramatic, the dogs being repromanded its not being beat, the dogs not phased not hurt just being put in its place, and from what i see its not being picked up by its ears at all its being picked up by the scruff from both sides the ears may be in the hold but theres no weight bearing on them ears at all

Should have gone to Spec Savers