Anyone Know This Scum Bag

I've got a cocker as well as my lurchers and I have kept spaniels on and off my whole life and as I stated one of my mates is an A class trial judge and has bred and trained a few ftch so I have some idea of what I am talking about ....The point is that by picking the dogs up by its ears you are eventually going to damage them ... A ear is a sensitive organ ... He could have easily picked the dog by the scruff which won't damage the dog in any way ...........

• Like 3

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the older ive got the more ive come to realise violence makes up for lack of knowledge ,atb mc

Well mate if you think that's being hard on a dog then fair enough. I can 100% tell you there's many a field trial champion out there that's had that and much, much worse every day.

I didn't watch the video all the way through.   Seen his like way too often, a self opinionated,. . . . . bully.. . . . . with a far inflated sense of his own ability and worth.   That dog is not

How many of you's have good Spaniels or the like. Again not condoning the ear thing, but high drive dogs take high drive methods.

Seen many a fecked up Spaniel with the gently gently approach, not being able to control dogs under live game conditions. When a good dogs drive kicks in they take some controlling and alpha dog respect is sometimes the only way.

You can instil the alpha dog respect without laying a hand on your dogs ... I havnt had a kennel fight or even a growl amongst my dogs in over 20 years .... They can eat from the same bowl share bones sleep in the same bed with absolutely no problems ... And they are the same with other dogs ... It's not difficult to achieve and it doesn't involve ear pulling ........

• Like 2

Having more than one high drive dog can be a night mare in the field. Having food harmony is completely different and is easy to control, it's a far more relaxed situation.

The need for heavy handedness decreases the earlier you start training, that dog in question was 9-10 months old? and it looked full of beans and hard to control with praise and just voice.

I think the videoing of that training is the geezers down fall and being a fat c**t wouldn't of helped him :laugh: I recon his ears would of come off if you'd have picked him up by them :D.

Most gun dogs don't start their field training until around the 10 month to year old mark BUT basic training should have been instilled by then and control over the dog should be easily managed ... Granted he may not have got that dog into his kennel until it was that age but there is still no cause to pick a dog up by its ears ... I would happily chuck fatty around by his ears to see if it got him to listen :laugh: ..........

• Like 1

All training methods in the hands of fools can be abused, not too long ago I was brought a spaniel to train when I asked what it was fed I was told the only food it got was a small handful of training treats a day the thing was skin and bone, clearly starving and almost a neglect case but the owner was insistent that the reward based training method was the best thing and that the he had being given the advice to starve the dog and only give it treats for perfect performance.

• Like 2

All training methods in the hands of fools can be abused, not too long ago I was brought a spaniel to train when I asked what it was fed I was told the only food it got was a small handful of training treats a day the thing was skin and bone, clearly starving and almost a neglect case but the owner was insistent that the reward based training method was the best thing and that the he had being given the advice to starve the dog and only give it treats for perfect performance.

Thats neglect mate not a harsh correction you should of jabbed him :thumbs:

Nah what he needed and got was educating he believed the shite that some nobhead trainer had given him, the owner is spot on now with one very happy and thriving dog that is a credit to him :thumbs:

• Like 2

Nah what he needed and got was educating he believed the shite that some nobhead trainer had given him, the owner is spot on now with one very happy and thriving dog that is a credit to him :thumbs:

Fair do's happy ending to that 1 then nice 1 :thumbs:

ok as a spaniel owner I will give my view, its like the electric collars, they and the owner who uses them for gun dogs should be banned but that's another story. there is absolutely no need for pain when training a spaniel, that dog in the video was a great dog was showing attention to the owner/trainer and looked keen and alert, you put it in the sit position and it moves go back to it take it by the collar and put it back where it was, and repeat the command if you do the training right and praise the dog when its good and growl when its bad they soon learn and you will have a happy dog, there is nothing better than stroking a dogs head and it doesn't close its eyes because it thinks your gonna hit it, whether it showed signs or not as he approached it the dog inside would be aware whats going on and had the training been done right from the start there would be no need for it. I can see he is moving on too fast, probably wants to get it done to make a quick buck, I did see someone kick a dog once he kicked my dog, as it was yapping by a fox hole like terriers do when they are tied up, so he kicked it, I went up to him and did the same thing to him but harder, im sure you would all do the same. Yes when I was in hunt service we were hard on hounds but you had to be that's a different dog, im not saying anyone who owns a staffy shouldn't be hard on it, again you have to be, but gun dogs they don't need it.

all training should be time based, start early, put loads in, do little and often, and take your time. if a dog does not sit and stay, don't move on to throwing dummies and wonder why the dog doesn't sit and stay and shout at it for doing so.

• Like 2

ok as a spaniel owner I will give my view, its like the electric collars, they and the owner who uses them for gun dogs should be banned but that's another story. there is absolutely no need for pain when training a spaniel, that dog in the video was a great dog was showing attention to the owner/trainer and looked keen and alert, you put it in the sit position and it moves go back to it take it by the collar and put it back where it was, and repeat the command if you do the training right and praise the dog when its good and growl when its bad they soon learn and you will have a happy dog, there is nothing better than stroking a dogs head and it doesn't close its eyes because it thinks your gonna hit it, whether it showed signs or not as he approached it the dog inside would be aware whats going on and had the training been done right from the start there would be no need for it. I can see he is moving on too fast, probably wants to get it done to make a quick buck, I did see someone kick a dog once he kicked my dog, as it was yapping by a fox hole like terriers do when they are tied up, so he kicked it, I went up to him and did the same thing to him but harder, im sure you would all do the same. Yes when I was in hunt service we were hard on hounds but you had to be that's a different dog, im not saying anyone who owns a staffy shouldn't be hard on it, again you have to be, but gun dogs they don't need it.

all training should be time based, start early, put loads in, do little and often, and take your time. if a dog does not sit and stay, don't move on to throwing dummies and wonder why the dog doesn't sit and stay and shout at it for doing so.

I don't see why you've used hounds and a staffie to compare. What you have mentioned are 2 breeds which i would say need less training than a working gundog. Yes there will be certain aspects of a hound that needs to be trained but when it's working it's on it's own with the pack and thinking for itself. Majority of staffies nowadays are pets and only training they need is to stop licking you and keep of the couch.

Of the three breeds you have mentioned the gundog is the one mostly suited to working alongside there owner. They must listen to commands, watch and do as they are trained too do. This is why dedication is needed to get a 'proper' working gundog.

Thank's i see a better side to it now as i am limited in my knowledge with spaniels and there training you picked up something i didnt see he was moving to fast with it possibly for a fast buck :thumbs: do many train spaniels like that as its been mentioned on this thread that folks have seen harsher corrections in ftch's ?? :thumbs:

I don't see why you've used hounds and a staffie to compare. What you have mentioned are 2 breeds which i would say need less training than a working gundog. Yes there will be certain aspects of a hound that needs to be trained but when it's working it's on it's own with the pack and thinking for itself. Majority of staffies nowadays are pets and only training they need is to stop licking you and keep of the couch.

Of the three breeds you have mentioned the gundog is the one mostly suited to working alongside there owner. They must listen to commands, watch and do as they are trained too do. This is why dedication is needed to get a 'proper' working gundog.

I see you points as well mate :thumbs:

Mark William s you've only had 1 dog in 27 years and your away to take on a pointer .....if you think you are going to teach a head strong pointer to a decent level with out a bit of force then good luck .... I am not hard on my dogs apart from taking an interest in livestock and with some dogs they need to be severly chastised its all dependant on the dog.... the lad in the video done what he had to do and after doing so twice it seemed to work.....