Firearms Application

Hi there I'm in Scotland and know that up here the land doesn't need to be signed off. Im applying for my firearms and renewing my shotgun which is due in 2015 so its coterminous. Its saying i need 2 references I've spoke to the guy who was my reference for my shotgun licence he said the feo told him he cant be a reference for anyone anymore since he's a reference for 30+ people. Same situation for my dads mate who i do all my fox shooting with. Can i get my best mates dad as a reference and my doctor ?? Would that be accepted i was hoping to have it all sorted out for the crops coming off to get shooting foxes. My local gun shop has 2x .22-250 and a very nice .22 which i am applying for so its just who you guys think i can have as references. Sorry for boring you with all that. Thanks for any help.

The key is personally known you so unless you know your doctor outside of work then he doesn't really fit that definition,

It can be anyone, they would rather someone who knows you very well than struggling to find a professional person who hasn't seen you from one year to the next,

Your employer is usually a good one if your line manager or boss is happy to do it.