Private Packs Of Staghounds?

Just curious to know whether pre ban there was anyone who hunted deer with their own hounds in the same way as the official packs? I seem to remember reading about some guys who hunted roe with hounds but not sure if I've just made that up lol

Roe and muntjac run in circles and when there hunted its 9 times out of 10 1 animal when they lift a herd of fallow theres usually quite a few the hounds fly on them they leave a line a mile wide and they go straight at some pace through forest they take take hounds away very fast and some distance not much fun on foot :laugh:

:laugh:

• Like 1

Mate its great craic i did the fox only we got on a hell of lot more where i live on deer and i never noticed any paticular favour only fallow seem to leave a stronger line and hounds hunt them different its alot faster, muntjac will bounce from cover to cover and usualy work there way back to where they were lifted from roe are very similar but they will go in a further circle and will cross open ground more i hunted red deer,fallow roe and muntjac ive not hunted cwd or sika with hounds i always favoured roe you see alot more of them during a hunt sometimes close,the hounds never got away to far through forest with roe and there good for a run with lurchers when they cross fields for another forest block :thumbs:

A few year ago there were a private pack in the west,they hunted roe within the tsh&dssh country,it caused uproar in the hunting world and was deeply frowned upon,not sure what happened to them,but they hunted ground where tsh&dssh were,nt allowed.someone out there will know,I'm sure,