Advice Please Cz 527 .223

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dan , Dont want to be a spoil sport , but the stock aint going to make it shoot better . put all the money you can afford into the best scope you can get , try to look for a second hand scmidt or a sw

yes they do and yes its a very good rifle mines never let me down mate

Cheers shootlodge looking good for the cz.

Posted Images

Just to throw a little spanner in the works, you are making an excellent choice with a cz527, but If you dont fancy a .22-250 then go for a .222 it is almost impossible to load a bad round for it, it is one of the most inherently accurate rounds on the planet, and is such a sweet shooting round, and as for barrel wear it is almost none existent in .222s.

• Like 1

.222 is just a tad slower than .223, but let me tell you mate, in the real world you will not notice, and the .222 is such a mild shooting accurate round, that hitting your target is childs play, I have seen my mate bowl fox after fox over at well over 250yards on many occasions, there is a reason why the .222 held the benchrest world record for so many years, with that long case neck it is just so damn easy to reload for and with a good moderator on you can see every hit on foxes at night, and if you plan on going north of the border on the roe, or cwd and muntjac in England, it is a death ray on small deer, ask Rake Aboot he loves his on the roe.

Edited by charlie caller

Had a look at guntrader and im surprised how cheap the .222 rifles are

Yes because the .223 has eclipsed them in terms of popularity, get a nice clean 527 in .222 and you will be delighted, and look at getting some reloading gear with the money you have saved, to get the best out of the super accurate cartridge :thumbs: