Best Boots And Clothes For Out Digging

As the title suggests. Last season was my first season and I got myselft a pair of seeland criefs over trousers which to be fair have served me well as I've wore them for lamping fishing dog walks and everything in between and I got a pair of haix army boots which were alright. The kept my feet dry and the soles are still in tact but are starting to wear a fair bit now. I also got a deerhunter jacket which is alright but does wet thru a bit when it pisses down. So I'm looking to upgrade boots and jacket for definite and possibly the over trousers if anything lighter and on par with the crieffs is available so feel free to let me know what's best in your opinions. Cheers

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

trackys and a nice pair of nike airmax just in case i have to do a runner

Tried most of the deerhunter stuff succumbing to their marketing over many a season and their defo not for me! they take no abuse.... solognac 500 v hunt jacket and trousers.... the whole jacket and

is them crieffs noisey known my luck balls would be hanging out them at the first fence

Berghaus over trousers are what I wear you just have to re proof them every few months to top up the waterproofing there pretty hard wearing I've had a pair for about 4 year and there just starting to get a bit ruff around the edges. And for your deerhunter jacket I would jus give it the same treatment as the over trousers. You can buy the stuff to do it from most outdoor shops it's called nikwaxs it comes in 2 bottles one is purple the other blue. Atb

• Like 1

Mate first you gota have some trakkies addidas or Nike nee shite make like umbro then you gotta get all ya hoodys on then put that skinny little poncho on owa the top then get ya footie sock out the draw from when you used to play for ya school then tuck ya trakkies [BANNED TEXT] into them so ya dinit get them manki the wack ya best rockports on cause there cool as f**k.

Or dinnit for get your cap and make sure it sits on the back or your head to let plenty sun at your eyes chor ya mams garden spade find a whole and dig like the clappers

As the title suggests. Last season was my first season and I got myselft a pair of seeland criefs over trousers which to be fair have served me well as I've wore them for lamping fishing dog walks and everything in between and I got a pair of haix army boots which were alright. The kept my feet dry and the soles are still in tact but are starting to wear a fair bit now. I also got a deerhunter jacket which is alright but does wet thru a bit when it pisses down. So I'm looking to upgrade boots and jacket for definite and possibly the over trousers if anything lighter and on par with the crieffs is available so feel free to let me know what's best in your opinions. Cheers

mate you wont get better than them criefs they are some over trousers and keep you warm dry and are thorn proof so id stick with them :thumbs:

Tried most of the deerhunter stuff succumbing to their marketing over many a season and their defo not for me! they take no abuse....

solognac 500 v hunt jacket and trousers.... the whole jacket and trousers set up cost you around £150.... had this 2 years now and was the best money i ever spent gets some abuse and still looks brand new, not sweaty and 100% waterproof and a great fit it doesnt hang like a butchers apron! its swedish ( i think) and the swedes old saying.... theirs no such thing as bad weather just bad clothing!

Tried a lot of boots too..and your feet have to be 100% dry and warm if you going to stay out all day with great support round your feet and ankles for walking through all sorts...hopping fences...and most importantly a great sole so you can jump all over the tools all day and not feel a peep!

I found out chainsaw boots suit my work best, very snug and warm and well tested by loggers in very hazardous work areas..and these are the best ive found

Tremme Aqua stop chainsaw boot they cost around £160 posted. have these 2 years now too, still like brand new and these defo take everything i throw at them with ease....

Steel toecap and midsole
Anti-static leather insole
Anti-static, wear, oil, heat and slip resistant rubber 'Hiker' cemented soles
UK Sizes 4-13 (36-48)
Water Resistant full grain leather with 'Aquastop' membrane lining means these boots are waterproof
Conforms with EN 345-2 Class ....i dont know what your budget is but thats just 2 helpful suggestions i can give you after a lot of trial and error...

hope you find what suits tho... :thumbs:

• Like 4