Back Up Knife?

But as you may know with the Mora, its £15 and is a great knife. If I remember rightly I think you (Paulus) recommended it too. I've seen plenty of nice bigger blades well over £200 but I don't want to spend anywhere near that as it will rarely be used. I just want something a bit more substantial should I need to split a couple of small logs or something while out camping rather than carrying a heavy hatchet about on the off chance I might one day need it. I have a spare knife that I take now but its a 3" folding knife so it makes sense to replace that with a bigger one and fill two jobs with one tool and save a fair amount of weight

But as you may know with the Mora, its £15 and is a great knife. If I remember rightly I think you (Paulus) recommended it too. I've seen plenty of nice bigger blades well over £200 but I don't want to spend anywhere near that as it will rarely be used. I just want something a bit more substantial should I need to split a couple of small logs or something while out camping rather than carrying a heavy hatchet about on the off chance I might one day need it. I have a spare knife that I take now but its a 3" folding knife so it makes sense to replace that with a bigger one and fill two jobs with one tool and save a fair amount of weight

midnights bushcrafter and fieldcrafter at 60 and 100 quid are about as good as you will ever find, indeed there superior to knives two and three times more expensive, if you buy a blank and add the scales yourself it will be even cheaper still

They seem to have come down from last time I looked, I've admired midnights knives for a while, some amazing craftsmanship! I think the last one I saw was £120 which from everything I've heard about his work is worth every penny and more but £120 is more than I can afford at the moment, however I like the sound of a midnight knife for £60! I'll be finding his page now